Meet our team
Alison W. Dowe
Executive Vice President, Chief Communications and Corporate Responsibility Officer
Dowe was named Chief Communications and Corporate Responsibility Officer for Synovus in January 2018. She began her career at the company in 1995 as Associate Director of Corporate Communications, was promoted to Director in 2002, and to Senior Director in 2013. Before joining Synovus, Dowe covered Georgia and Alabama state government as a television reporter and led small and minority business development for the Greater Columbus Chamber of Commerce.
- Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communication with emphasis on Journalism, Auburn University
- Synovus Foundations of Leadership
- Synovus Leadership Institute
- Member, BAI ESG Executive Roundtable
- Member, BPI and ABA Communications Councils
- Member, Georgia Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and VP Operations Council
- Board Member, Columbus Teen Challenge
- Board Member, Right From the Start
- 2017 Woman of Achievement, Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia
- Recipient, Synovus James H. Blanchard Leadership Award, 2007
Summary of Responsibilities
Dowe has overall responsibility for Synovus’ image, reputation, and culture through internal and external communications; media relations; community investment, volunteerism and philanthropy; and the company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability programs. She oversees the development of multi-channel, comprehensive best practice communication strategies, including those supporting all lines of business; company performance; shareholder communication; local, regional, and national PR/media outreach; and those that foster a healthy and inclusive work environment. She directs the company’s crisis communication preparedness and response, and team member engagement activities.