Meet our team
Alison W. Dowe
Executive Vice President, Chief Communications and Corporate Responsibility Officer
Dowe was named Chief Communications and Corporate Responsibility Officer for Synovus in January 2018. She began her career at the company in 1995 as Associate Director of Corporate Communications, was promoted to Director in 2002, and to Senior Director in 2013. Before joining Synovus, Dowe covered Georgia and Alabama state government as a television reporter and led small and minority business development for the Greater Columbus Chamber of Commerce.
- Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communication with emphasis on Journalism, Auburn University
- Synovus Foundations of Leadership
- Synovus Leadership Institute
- Member, BAI ESG Executive Roundtable
- Member, BPI, ABA and MBCA Communications Councils
- Member, Georgia Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Operations Council
- Board Member, Columbus Teen Challenge
- Former Member, United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley Board of Directors
- Former Chairman, ABA Communications Council
- Former Member, ABA Bank Image Task Force
- 2017 Woman of Achievement, Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia
- Recipient, Synovus James H. Blanchard Leadership Award, 2007
Summary of Responsibilities
Dowe has overall responsibility for Synovus’ image, reputation, and culture through internal and external communications; media relations; community investment, volunteerism and philanthropy; and the company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) programs. She oversees the development of multi-channel, comprehensive best practice communication strategies, including those supporting all lines of business; company performance; shareholder communication; local, regional, and national PR/media outreach; and those that foster a healthy and inclusive work environment. She directs the company’s crisis communication preparedness and response, and team member engagement activities.
Her responsibility over the company’s ESG program includes the coordination of actions and disclosures that demonstrate the company’s commitment to being a trusted corporate citizen.