Meet our team
Executive Vice President, Head of Consumer Banking and Brand Experience
Wolverton began her banking career with Synovus in 2003 as Director of Accounting and Financial Analysis. She was promoted to Synovus’ Senior Director of Banking in 2011 and was named Chief Strategy Officer in 2014. In 2018, Wolverton assumed the role of Executive Vice President and her duties were expanded to encompass customer experience oversight, including advancing digital transformation and analytics strategies. In December 2021, she was named Head of Consumer Banking and Brand Experience, maintaining oversight for the company’s marketing, digital, analytics, and customer experience functions while also assuming responsibility for the branch network, consumer banking products and services, and mass affluent strategy and execution.
Before joining Synovus, Wolverton served as a Finance Director for Centerplate Management in Greenville, South Carolina. She started her career in the assurance and advisory business services division of Ernst & Young in Greenville and Atlanta.
Wolverton has been named one of American Banker’s 25 Women to Watch since 2015. This annual ranking recognizes women for their impact on their company, industry, and community-at-large, as well as for leadership and innovation in the face of industry challenges.
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration and Accounting, Summa Cum Laude, Presbyterian College, 1996
- Synovus Leadership Institute, 2009
- Board Member – Columbus Museum
- Make a Wish Georgia Board of Directors
- REACH Georgia Foundation Advisory Board
- Past Executive Member of American Cancer Society Leadership Council
- Past Treasurer Columbus Regional Tennis Association Executive Committee
- Named one of American Banker’s 25 Women to Watch, 2015-2023
- Recipient, Synovus Jim Blanchard Leadership Award, 2011
Summary of Responsibilities
As Head of Consumer Banking and Brand Experience, Wolverton guides Synovus’ consumer banking segment and is charged with oversight of the branch network, consumer banking products and services, and mass affluent strategy and execution. She also leads the company’s marketing, digital, analytics, and customer experience functions, building out an aligned and measured approach to delivering a holistic, consistent, and differentiated customer experience.