Meet our team
Executive Vice President, Chief Audit Executive
Forrester joined Synovus in September 2021 as Executive Vice President, Chief Audit Executive. Forrester joined SunTrust in 2000 and was appointed Managing Director, Internal Audit in 2011; Senior Managing Director, Internal Audit in 2015; and Deputy General Auditor in 2019. Following the merger of SunTrust and BB&T, she was named Business, Strategy and Operations Leader at Truist, where she functioned as Chief Operating and Administrative Officer for legal, HR, and inclusion and diversity.
- BBA, University of Georgia
- MBA, Georgia State University
- Georgia State University’s School of Accountancy Advisory Board (2018-present)
- Shepherd Center Board of Trustees (2023-present)
- Pace Academy Alumni Board (2018-present) (vice president 2020-2022) (president 2022-present)
- American Red Cross Georgia Chapter Board of Directors (2011 – 2020)
- American Red Cross Southern Region Blood Services Board of Directors (2005-2016) (vice chairman 2009 – 2011; chairman 2011 - 2016)
- Honoree, University of Georgia’s 40 Under 40 Class of 2016
- Bronze National Service Award for Volunteerism, 2013-2021
- Outstanding Corporate Champion Award, Atlanta Life Board of the American Red Cross, 2010
- Level I and II Biomedical Achievement Award, American Red Cross of Southeast Georgia, 2006
Summary of Responsibilities
Forrester is responsible for the strategic direction, tactical plans, and operating procedures for the internal audit function of Synovus. She advises management on control effectiveness and efficiency and leads risk consulting in alignment with organizational priorities to help Synovus accomplish its objectives through a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. She is responsible for the integration of policy, planning, organization and direction of all Synovus audit activities and ensures they operate in a manner independent of management. She is also the Executive Sponsor of the Aqui Nos ERG. Forrester reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.