Other Banking Services
Enjoy the convenience of using a card without worrying that you might spend more than you have available. The Synovus Connections® Visa® Prepaid Card1,2 is a reloadable card that allows you to add funds to the card account and then use it wherever Visa® debit cards are accepted,3 including stores, restaurants, gas stations and online.
- Get a temporary card to use immediately, up to the amount loaded on the card (receive the personalized card in the mail in 7–10 days)
- Load your card by direct deposit4 or with cash in the branch;5 then use your card where Visa® debit cards are accepted
- Loads can also be made at participating Visa ReadyLink and Green Dot® Network locations, fees apply.
- Funds Transfer using your Synovus Bank check card is available upon registration of your Synovus Connections Prepaid Card at www.synovusconnections.com.
- Get cash at the ATM,6 when making purchases or by making withdrawals at a bank branch.7 There is no fee to use your card at Synovus Bank ATMs or to get cash at a Synovus Bank division branch
- Request up to four companion cards8 if you want others to have access to your account
- Feel secure with coverage from Visa’s Zero Liability Policy9
- Download the Synovus Connections App10 for your Apple or Android device
- Easily manage your account through www.synovusconnections.com— suspend and reactivate your card, monitor your account, view statements, set up balance and transaction alerts,10 change your PIN and much more
Find out more at www.synovusconnections.com.
When you can’t wait for a check to clear or don’t have a deposit account, we can cash almost any type of check for any amount and give you immediate access to your funds.11 With a simple registration2 in our branch, you’ll be able to cash any of the following:
- Checks from any U.S. bank
- Government checks
- Payroll checks
- Two-party checks
- Cashier’s checks
- Personal checks
- Insurance checks
No access to checks? No problem. Make payments conveniently and affordably with a money order. You can purchase as many as you need in any amount up to $1,000, and each money order costs only $5.00.
Important Disclosure Information
The service marks and trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.
Account opening fee is $4, with a $20 minimum load required when the card is first opened. Monthly card maintenance fee is $4.Back
- One-time, free registration required for Synovus Connections® Visa® Prepaid Card, Check Cashing, and Money Orders. Customer must be 18 and is required to submit Social Security Number, government ID and physical address. Back
Your card cannot be used to pay for gambling transactions or for vehicle rentals. When you use your card at a hotel or restaurant or for certain travel and entertainment transactions, we may authorize and hold more than the actual amount until the transaction has posted to your account.Back
- Direct Deposit service is available only if supported by your employer or payor. Availability of funds depends on when the funds are sent to us by your employer or payor. It may take several pay periods for direct deposit to begin. Back
- Branch loads can be in cash only. Checks must first have to be cashed before they can be loaded. Check cashing fees may also apply. See Schedule of Fees and Charges. Back
- Your card can be used to get cash at ATMs where the Interlink, Plus or NYCE symbols are displayed. You will be charged a fee by Synovus, and may be charged a fee by the ATM owner, to use a non-Synovus ATM. Back
- Synovus will not charge you a fee to make withdrawals at non-Synovus Bank branches, but the other bank may impose a fee. Back
This feature is available to Account Owners only. Companion cardholders must be 13 or older; other restrictions may apply. There is a $4 fee to open each new companion card.Back
Zero Liability policy covers U.S.-issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa® or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. See bank for details.Back
- Mobile services require your mobile service provider’s data and/or text plan. Message and data rates may apply. Back
- Check cashing fee(s) may apply. Excludes checks written on accounts at banks outside of the U.S., credit card convenience checks, temporary checks and money orders issued within the past 48 hours. Back
Boxes are subject to availability. Rentals are for a one-year period. FDIC insurance does not apply to Safe Deposit boxes or their contents.Back
Synovus routing number:
Interested in any of our other banking services?
Visit your local branch for a one-time registration2 (or just stop by to open a safe deposit box).