Other Banking Services
Synovus Connections® Visa® Prepaid Card
Enjoy the convenience of using a card without worrying that you might spend more than you have available. The Synovus Connections® Visa® Prepaid Card1,2 is a reloadable card that allows you to add funds to the card account and then use it wherever Visa® debit cards are accepted,3 including stores, restaurants, gas stations and online.
- Get a temporary card to use immediately, up to the amount loaded on the card (receive the personalized card in the mail in 7–10 days)
- Load your card by direct deposit4 or with cash in the branch;5 then use your card where Visa® debit cards are accepted
- Loads can also be made at participating Visa ReadyLink and Green Dot® Network locations, fees apply.
- Funds Transfer using your Synovus Bank check card is available upon registration of your Synovus Connections Prepaid Card at www.synovusconnections.com.
- Get cash at the ATM,6 when making purchases or by making withdrawals at a bank branch.7 There is no fee to use your card at Synovus Bank ATMs or to get cash at a Synovus Bank division branch
- Request up to four companion cards8 if you want others to have access to your account
- Feel secure with coverage from Visa’s Zero Liability Policy9
- Download the Synovus Connections App10 for your Apple or Android device
- Easily manage your account through www.synovusconnections.com— suspend and reactivate your card, monitor your account, view statements, set up balance and transaction alerts,10 change your PIN and much more
Check Cashing & Money Orders
When you can’t wait for a check to clear or don’t have a deposit account, we can cash almost any type of check for any amount and give you immediate access to your funds.11 With a simple registration2 in our branch, you’ll be able to cash any of the following:
- Checks from any U.S. bank
- Government checks
- Payroll checks
- Two-party checks
- Cashier’s checks
- Personal checks
- Insurance checks
No access to checks? No problem. Make payments conveniently and affordably with a money order. You can purchase as many as you need in any amount up to $1,000, and each money order costs only $1.00.
Western Union® Money Transfer
If you need to send or receive money in a hurry, we offer Western Union Money Transfer® services in all our branches during normal lobby hours. We can transfer funds between our locations or any other Western Union Agent location around the world, with your choice of Money in Minutes or Next Day service, depending on the sending location.12,13
Western Union® Bill Payment
From utilities to credit cards to car payments, you can pay most major bills quickly and easily with Western Union® Bill Payment, which supports over 15,000 billers in a variety of industries. Choose from Same Day, Next Day or 3-Day payment delivery options,12,14 depending on the biller, and settle your bills promptly for peace of mind.
Safe Deposit Boxes
Synovus Bank's routing number: