Your money, your options
Everyone needs a checking account – but everyone doesn’t need (or want) the same checking account. That’s why Synovus gives you options. Get premium benefits with our premier Inspire checking or select our everyday value Plus account for preferred rates. If you are looking for simple, basic checking, consider our Student or Budget accounts. Whatever your unique situation, Synovus has a checking account to help you manage your finances and achieve your goals.
All Synovus personal checking accounts feature:
- Unlimited fee-free transactions at our robust network of Synovus ATMs and at Publix® Presto!® ATMs.
- Contactless Synovus Visa® debit card (or contactless Visa® Platinum debit card, if applicable) with no annual fee and no monthly usage fee.1 Add your card to your Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ or Samsung Pay® mobile wallet for even more convenience.
- My Synovus digital and mobile banking.2 We know life doesn’t just happen during banking hours, so we’ve redesigned our online experience and mobile app. With improved security, updated functionality, and several new features, you’ll be able to achieve your financial goals whenever and wherever.
- Deposits insured by the FDIC up to $250,000.3
With our Synovus Inspire Checking account, you experience banking designed to champion your success.
You’ll get premium benefits and preferred rates4, tailored financial advice, comprehensive Credit and Identity Protective Services and access to our Priority Customer Care team. Learn more: Synovus.com/Synovus-Inspire
$100 minimum deposit to open
Avoid a $50 monthly account fee by maintaining one of the following:
- $100,000 minimum ending balance in combination of your personal checking, savings, money market, IRA, CD or investment accounts5 as of the last business day each month, OR
- $1,000,000 minimum ending balance in combination of your business checking, savings, money market, or CD accounts as of the last business day each month
With Synovus Plus Checking, you get everyday value and practical benefits.
$100 minimum deposit to open.
Waive the monthly account fee of $10 if you are a military community member6 or if you maintain one of the following:
- $10,000 minimum ending balance in combination of your personal checking, savings, money market, IRA, CD or investment accounts5 as of the last business day each month, OR
- Minimum $5,000 monthly deposit into any of your personal checking accounts, OR
- $500,000 minimum ending balance in combination of your business checking, savings, money market, or CD accounts as of the last business day each month
Synovus Budget Checking7 is a "no frills, no surprises" account.
$5 monthly account fee with a $25 minimum deposit to open.
Budget Checking helps you carefully manage your money and avoid costly overdraft fees, making it a great option if you’re on a budget or have a history of frequent overdrafts.
You are always on the go. Let us help get things done, financially.
Between class, work and activities, you’re always on the go. You need your money to be available anytime, anywhere, which is why we’ve created our Student Checking8 account that helps you bank simply and easily. So, there is one less thing to worry about as you prepare for your future.
$100 minimum deposit to open.
Available to students under age 26.
Avoid the $3 monthly account fee by enrolling in My Synovus2 digital banking and paperless e-Statements.
It's important to know what an overdraft is, and why it occurs. Check out our tips for avoiding overdraft fees.
When the unexpected overdraft occurs, we are here to help with several options for Overdraft Coverage.