Personal Checking Accounts
Experience the “personal” in personal bankingWe’re here for you – there’s never a cost to talk with a friendly account specialist by phone. Or you can stop by and chat with us at any of our convenient branch locations across the Southeast.
All Synovus personal checking accounts feature:
- Unlimited fee-free transactions at our robust network of Synovus ATMs and at Publix® Presto!® ATMs.
- Visa® debit card (or Visa® Platinum debit card, if applicable) with no annual fee and no monthly usage fee.1 Add your card to your Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ or Samsung Pay® mobile wallet for even more convenience.
- Several overdraft protection options available. Fees may apply.
- Deposits insured by the FDIC to $250,000.2
- Synovus digital banking tools3 allow you to check balances, make mobile deposits, pay bills4, and transfer funds anytime, anywhere.
Get the most from your checking account. A simple no-cost* way to make managing your money easier, the Synovus Free Checking* account helps you:
- Save money - No monthly service fee no matter how much your account balance goes up or down. $100 minimum deposit to open the account.
- Save time - With our digital banking tools3, you can make deposits5, check balances, transfer funds, and make payments anytime, anywhere.
- Pay bills automatically - Our free, unlimited online bill pay4 lets you schedule bill payments so you aren’t late.
- Bank whenever it’s convenient for you - Our Synovus digital banking app3 for iPhone® and Android™ lets you take care of your daily banking needs on the go, 24/7.
The more you bank with us, the more ways we find to thank you. Our Preferred Account rewards you with exclusive features like more waived fees and tiered interest rates6 for higher balances. We’ll even look at your combined balance across multiple eligible accounts to determine your interest rate.
- Avoid a $25 monthly service fee by maintaining any one of the following:
- $5,000 average daily balance for the statement cycle in your Preferred Account
- $15,000 average daily balance for the statement cycle in any combination of your interest-bearing checking accounts, personal money market accounts or savings accounts and/or outstanding balances on personal or home equity lines of credit, personal installment loans or credit cards7,8
- $25,000 balance in any combination of the account options in (b) above and/or CDs and IRAs7,8
- If your monthly service fee isn’t waived, receive a $2 convenience credit if you’re registered for Online Banking, Mobile Banking and paperless statements
- Earn more with tiered interest rates by maintaining higher balances; receive a bonus interest rate for combined balances of $15,000 or more9
- Have monthly service charges waived on two additional accounts. Account options include Gold Checking, Signature Money Market, Advantage Money Market, and Premium Money Market. Work with your banker to select your linked accounts or we can make the selection for you.
- Receive a refund of up to four transaction fees per statement cycle for withdrawals at a non-Synovus ATM10
- Receive a Visa® Platinum debit card with great Visa® benefits including concierge service, lost luggage insurance, price protection, Warranty Manager and Purchase Security. Certain terms and conditions apply.11
- Enjoy Visa ® Zero Liability, to protect your Visa ® Platinum debit card from fraud, at no additional cost 12
- Get free, standard wallet-style checks or take a 50% discount on designer checks; also enjoy free official checks (like cashier’s or certified checks) and 50% off safe deposit box rentals
- Write unlimited checks
If you’re 55 or older, we’re pretty sure you’ve been working hard. Whether you’ve been putting the kids through college, saving for retirement or giving back to your community, every penny you’ve made really counts. It’s high time you started seeing some reward for your efforts with a Gold Checking account that lets you earn and save more.
- $10 monthly service fee waived with $1,000 average daily balance for the statement cycle or $500 in monthly direct deposits14
- If your monthly service fee isn’t waived, receive a $2 convenience credit each month if you’re registered for Online Banking, Mobile Banking and paperless statements
- Earn tiered interest rates6 on higher balances
- Get your first box of standard wallet-style checks for free, and write unlimited checks
- Take advantage of free notary services
- Enjoy Visa ® Zero Liability, to protect your Visa ® debit card from fraud, at no additional cost12
Military Interest Checking
For nearly a century, we’ve recognized the unique needs of military service members, delivering products and services that reflect our gratitude for the sacrifices you make. Today, our mission is to offer you the highest standards in banking services—easily and conveniently—both in the field and at home.
Synovus Military Interest Checking15 lets you:
- Get more for your money - Earn interest on everyday cash. Tiered interest rates let you earn higher rates when you maintain a balance of $1,000 or more.6
- Get started quickly and easily
- Bank digitally - Deposit checks, check balances, transfer funds, make payments and get email alerts anytime, anywhere with Synovus digital banking3,4.
- Bank whenever it’s convenient for you - The Synovus Digital Banking app3 for iPhone® and Android™ lets you take care of your daily banking needs on the go, 24/7.
- Avoid monthly account fees - Monthly service fee waived with a monthly direct deposit of $1 or more from your Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) paycheck.14
- Save when you’re away from home - When you're away from home, receive a refund of our fees for use of a non-Synovus ATM; at your request, we'll also refund the fees the other bank charges for using its ATM, up to 5 times per month (up to $1.50 per transaction).
Learn how to prevent overdraftsLife (and the occasional overdraft) happens! You have options to help keep your account on track, including ways to help prevent overdrafts.
Synovus Bank's routing number: