Your money on your terms
Experience the “personal” in personal bankingWe’re here for you – there’s never a cost to talk with a friendly account specialist by phone. Or you can stop by and chat with us at any of our convenient branch locations across the Southeast.
All Synovus personal checking accounts feature:
- Unlimited fee-free transactions at our robust network of Synovus ATMs and at Publix® Presto!® ATMs.
- Contactless Synovus Visa® debit card (or contactless Visa® Platinum debit card, if applicable) with no annual fee and no monthly usage fee.1 Add your card to your Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ or Samsung Pay® mobile wallet for even more convenience.
- My Synovus digital and mobile banking.2 We know life doesn’t just happen during banking hours, so we’ve redesigned our online experience and mobile app. With improved security, updated functionality, and several new features, you’ll be able to achieve your financial goals whenever and wherever.
- Deposits insured by the FDIC up to $250,000.3
No monthly service fee no matter how much your account balance changes
Our Free Checking account was designed with you in mind—it’s simple, convenient, easy to use, and best of all, free. Get off to a great start with these key features:
- Save money - No monthly service fee no matter how much your account balance goes up or down. $100 minimum deposit to open the account.
- Save time - With our digital banking tools2, you can make deposits4, check balances, transfer funds, and make payments anytime, anywhere.
- Pay bills automatically - Our free, unlimited online bill pay5 lets you schedule bill payments so you aren’t late.
- Bank whenever it’s convenient for you - Our Synovus digital banking app2 for iPhone® and Android™ lets you take care of your daily banking needs on the go, 24/7.
Free Checking will no longer be offered after July 17, 2023. For additional details, go to: www.synovus.com/uyda. Your account number will remain the same, and there is no action required on your part.
Access premium benefits to inspire your future
With our Synovus Inspire Checking account, you experience banking designed to champion your success. You’ll receive premium benefits to help make your vision for the future a reality.
$100 minimum deposit to open
Avoid a $50 monthly service fee by maintaining $100,000 minimum ending balance in combination of your personal checking, savings, money market, IRA, CD or investment accounts as of the last business day each month.6
Online account applications are available only to residents in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee
- Earn more interest by maintaining higher deposit & investment account balances with Synovus.7
- Free Synovus standard wallet checks or 50% discount on designer checks; also enjoy free official checks (like cashier’s or certified checks) and 50% off safe deposit box rentals.8
- Foreign ATM withdrawal fee refunds.9
- Stop payment and domestic wire transfer (incoming & outgoing) fee refunds.
- Waived overdraft, overdraft transfer, non-sufficient funds & uncollected funds fees.
- Receive a Visa® Platinum debit card with premium Visa® benefits including concierge services, lost luggage insurance, price protection, purchase security, and warranty manager.10
- Enjoy Visa® Zero Liability, to protect your Visa® Platinum debit card from fraud at no additional cost.11
With your Inspire Checking account, enjoy access to additional premium benefits & services through our Synovus Inspire relationship program including:
- Credit monitoring & identity theft protection services. Valid email address and separate enrollment required.
- Priority customer service
- And more
Accessible banking with no overdraft fees
Synovus Budget Checking12 helps you carefully manage your money and avoid costly overdraft fees.
Budget Checking12 waives overdraft and nonsufficient funds fees as well as limits transactions that could overdraw your account, making it a great option if you’re on a budget or have a history of frequent overdrafts.
A low minimum balance of $25 to open your account.
- Low monthly service fee of $5
- Waived overdraft or non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees
- Use My Synovus2 for your online and mobile banking needs to pay bills, deposit checks4, send and receive money with Zelle®, set up account alerts13, and more through Apps on your iPhone® and Android™
- Synovus checks are not offered on this account, but you can enjoy the flexibility of our contactless Visa® Debit Card
Important Disclosure Information
All Synovus checking accounts are subject to approval. All credit cards, loans and lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
The service marks and trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.
Additional terms and miscellaneous fees may apply. Please refer to Schedule of Fees and Charges for pricing information.
When you apply for a debit card, credit card or other credit product, we will base the approval on a review of your personal credit report and score.Back
- Use of the My Synovus mobile app requires your mobile service provider's data and /or text plan. Message and data rates may apply. Back
The standard insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor. Visit www.fdic.gov for more information.Back
- Mobile Deposits: There is no limit on the number of checks that can be deposited through Mobile Deposit. Deposit amount limits apply and are described within the My Synovus Agreement. Deposits may not be available for immediate withdrawal. Deposits made before 7 p.m. ET on business days are generally available the next business day, but may take up to three business days depending on weekends and holidays. Your device must have a camera with at least two megapixels in resolution. Not all checks are eligible for mobile deposit. Please see your My Synovus Agreement or the FAQ for a list of ineligible checks. Back
Online bill pay service is free. Fees apply to same-day and overnight bill pay requests.Back
- Includes personal checking, savings, money market, CD or IRA accounts with Synovus Bank or investment accounts with Synovus Securities, Inc. Synovus Securities Inc. is the broker/dealer affiliate of Synovus Bank and is a member FINRA/SIPC and an SEC Registered Advisor. Investment products are NOT FDIC INSURED, NO BANK GUARANTEE, MAY LOSE VALUE. Back
- No minimum balance required to earn interest. The interest rate on the entire balance of your account will be paid based on the applicable daily balance tier. Account has variable interest rate subject to change after account opening and without notice. Interest is earned on account balances greater than $0, compounded daily, credited monthly and paid on the collected balance, using the daily balance method. Fees may reduce earnings. Back
- Safe deposit boxes subject to availability. Safe deposit box fee must be set to debit from your Inspire Checking Account. We will continue to charge you the fee less the discount each year. Program discounts are not cumulative and may replace lessor discounts that you may otherwise have. Back
Refund does not apply to any fees the ATM owner might charge.Back
Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. In order for coverage to apply you must use your covered Visa card to secure transactions. Refer to the Guide to Benefits for details.Back
Zero Liability policy covers U.S.-issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa® or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. See bank for details.Back
Synovus routing number:
Learn more about Contactless Payments
Tap to pay with your Synovus Visa® Debit card. Enjoy a fast, easy, and secure way to pay.
Schedule of Fees and Charges for Personal Accounts
Synovus Inspire Program Terms