Your money on your terms
Experience the “personal” in personal bankingWe’re here for you – there’s never a cost to talk with a friendly account specialist by phone. Or you can stop by and chat with us at any of our convenient branch locations across the Southeast.
All Synovus personal checking accounts feature:
- Unlimited fee-free transactions at our robust network of Synovus ATMs and at Publix® Presto!® ATMs.
- Contactless Synovus Visa® debit card (or contactless Visa® Platinum debit card, if applicable) with no annual fee and no monthly usage fee.1 Add your card to your Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ or Samsung Pay® mobile wallet for even more convenience.
- My Synovus digital and mobile banking.2 We know life doesn’t just happen during banking hours, so we’ve redesigned our online experience and mobile app. With improved security, updated functionality, and several new features, you’ll be able to achieve your financial goals whenever and wherever.
- Deposits insured by the FDIC up to $250,000.3
No monthly service fee no matter how much your account balance changes
Our Free Checking account was designed with you in mind—it’s simple, convenient, easy to use, and best of all, free. Get off to a great start with these key features:
- Save money - No monthly service fee no matter how much your account balance goes up or down. $100 minimum deposit to open the account.
- Save time - With our digital banking tools2, you can make deposits4, check balances, transfer funds, and make payments anytime, anywhere.
- Pay bills automatically - Our free, unlimited online bill pay5 lets you schedule bill payments so you aren’t late.
- Bank whenever it’s convenient for you - Our Synovus digital banking app2 for iPhone® and Android™ lets you take care of your daily banking needs on the go, 24/7.
Looking to get even more out of your banking experience?
With Synovus Plus – a relationship program that offers premium benefits and services designed specifically around your needs. Learn more.
Access premium benefits to inspire your future
With our Synovus Inspire Checking account, you experience banking designed to champion your success. You’ll receive premium benefits to help make your vision for the future a reality.
$100 minimum deposit to open
Avoid a $50 monthly service fee by maintaining $100,000 minimum ending balance in combination of your personal checking, savings, money market, IRA, CD or investment accounts as of the last business day each month.6
Online account applications are available only to residents in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee
- Earn more interest by maintaining higher deposit & investment account balances with Synovus.7
- Free Synovus standard wallet checks or 50% discount on designer checks; also enjoy free official checks (like cashier’s or certified checks) and 50% off safe deposit box rentals.8
- Foreign ATM withdrawal fee refunds.9
- Stop payment and domestic wire transfer (incoming & outgoing) fee refunds.
- Waived overdraft, overdraft transfer, non-sufficient funds & uncollected funds fees.
- Receive a Visa® Platinum debit card with premium Visa® benefits including concierge services, lost luggage insurance, price protection, purchase security, and warranty manager.10
- Enjoy Visa® Zero Liability, to protect your Visa® Platinum debit card from fraud at no additional cost.11
With your Inspire Checking account, enjoy access to additional premium benefits & services through our Synovus Inspire relationship program including:
- Credit monitoring & identity theft protection services. Valid email address and separate enrollment required.
- Priority customer service
- And more
Accessible banking with no overdraft fees
Synovus Budget Checking12 helps you carefully manage your money and avoid costly overdraft fees.
Budget Checking12 waives overdraft and nonsufficient funds fees as well as limits transactions that could overdraw your account, making it a great option if you’re on a budget or have a history of frequent overdrafts.
A low minimum balance of $25 to open your account.
- Low monthly service fee of $5
- Waived overdraft or non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees
- Use My Synovus2 for your online and mobile banking needs to pay bills, deposit checks4, send and receive money with Zelle®, set up account alerts13, and more through Apps on your iPhone® and Android™
- Synovus checks are not offered on this account, but you can enjoy the flexibility of our contactless Visa® Debit Card
It's important to know what an overdraft is, and why it occurs. Check out our tips for avoiding overdraft fees.
When the unexpected overdraft occurs, we are here to help with several options for Overdraft Coverage.
Synovus routing number:
Learn more about Contactless Payments
Tap to pay with your Synovus Visa® Debit card. Enjoy a fast, easy, and secure way to pay.