President, Chief Operating Officer
Blair joined Synovus in August 2016 as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. He was appointed Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer in December 2018 and was named President in December 2019.
Blair’s 25-plus year banking career includes leadership roles in such areas as corporate strategy, line management, strategic finance, and credit risk management. He began his financial services career at Signet Bank in Richmond, Virginia, in 1995.
- B.B.A., Economics and Management, James Madison University
- M.B.A., George Washington University
- Member, Board of Directors, Georgia Research Alliance
- Member, Board of Directors, Columbus Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley (2018/2019 Campaign Chair)
Summary of Responsibilities
As President and Chief Operating Officer, Blair leads Synovus’ three front-line business units — community banking, wholesale banking, and financial management services — as well as treasury and payments, technology and operations, HR, credit administration, and all customer-facing support functions.