Personal Debit Cards
Your Synovus debit card gives you a safe, easy way to access your money, with funds deducted directly from your checking account.
How it works
- Make purchases: Use your card to make purchases and pay bills in stores, online, or by phone.
- Set up recurring bill payments: From your phone bill to your gym membership, contact your biller to set up easy automatic payments with your card.
- Deposit or withdraw cash at ATMs1 worldwide: Plus, enjoy unlimited fee-free transactions at both Publix Presto!® and Synovus ATMs.
- Add your card to your digital wallet: When you add your card to your digital wallet, you can easily make purchases using your smartphone.
Protection from fraud
- Get real-time updates about account activity with Synovus Card Alerts.2 You can choose to be notified when:
- Certain types of transactions occur (such as online purchases or pay-at-the-pump gas station purchases)
- If any transaction exceeds a certain dollar limit
- Anytime a transaction is declined
- And more
- Enjoy greater protection against fraud with identity theft protection, which reimburses you up to $2,500 for costs incurred if your identity is stolen or fraudulently used.
- Report a lost or stolen card 24/7 by contacting Visa at 1-800-847-2911. Visa will block your card and get a new card issued and shipped to you within 24 to 72 hours.
- Use your card at chip-enabled terminals and ATMs for even more protection against fraud. Learn more about chip card features here.
If you haven’t already, please request a card for your checking account. Just give us a call at 1-888-SYNOVUS (1-888-796-6887).
With Synovus Card Alerts, you can get instant notifications when questionable activity is noticed on your account, when a purchase exceeds a pre-determined limit, and more.
Learn how to add your card to your digital wallet to safely and easily make purchases using your smartphone.