If you haven’t already, please request a card for your checking account. Just give us a call at 1-888-SYNOVUS (1-888-796-6887).
With Synovus Card Alerts, you can get instant notifications when questionable activity is noticed on your account, when a purchase exceeds a pre-determined limit, and more.
Learn how to add your card to your digital wallet to safely and easily make purchases using your smartphone.
Personal Debit Cards
Your Synovus debit card gives you a safe, easy way to access your money, with funds deducted directly from your checking account.
How it works
- Make purchases: Use your card to make purchases and pay bills in stores, online, or by phone.
- Set up recurring bill payments: From your phone bill to your gym membership, contact your biller to set up easy automatic payments with your card.
- Deposit or withdraw cash at ATMs1 worldwide: Plus, enjoy unlimited fee-free transactions at both Publix Presto!® and Synovus ATMs.
- Add your card to your digital wallet: When you add your card to your digital wallet, you can easily make purchases using your smartphone.
Protection from fraud
- Get real-time updates about account activity with Synovus Card Alerts.2 You can choose to be notified when:
- Certain types of transactions occur (such as online purchases or pay-at-the-pump gas station purchases)
- If any transaction exceeds a certain dollar limit
- Anytime a transaction is declined
- And more
- Enjoy greater protection against fraud with identity theft protection, which reimburses you up to $2,500 for costs incurred if your identity is stolen or fraudulently used.
- Report a lost or stolen card 24/7 by contacting Visa at 1-800-847-2911. Visa will block your card and get a new card issued and shipped to you within 24 to 72 hours.
- Use your card at chip-enabled terminals and ATMs for even more protection against fraud. Learn more about chip card features here.