Home Equity Line of Credit1
Whether you’re remodeling your home, planning for recurring expenses (like a contractor’s bills or tuition payments), or keeping credit available for unexpected expenses, our 30-year Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)1 allows you to borrow against the equity in your home, using the money when and where you need it. We make it easy, convenient, and worry-free.
Our HELOC Rates
- Choose from an interest-only payment option
- Fix all or a portion of your balance during the draw period5
- Use your line of credit as often as you like for any amount up to your credit limit
- Enjoy interest payments that may be tax deductible6
- Get easy access to your funds by simply transferring money from your HELOC to another account (such as your checking or savings account), writing a HELOC check, or using Visa® Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) card
- Save up to $10,000 on your closing costs2
- Eliminate private mortgage insurance when purchasing a new home 7
To apply or learn more, visit your nearest Synovus branch or call us at 1-888-SYNOVUS (1-888-796-6887).
Important disclosure information
Terms and conditions available for applications taken on or after May 4, 2023.
- Offer limited to home equity lines only, secured by a valid first or second lien position on owner-occupied primary dwelling. Home equity lines may also be secured by secondary dwellings for Synovus Inspire and Private Wealth customers. For more information on Inspire, see Synovus.com/SynovusInspire. For more information on Private Wealth, see Synovus.com/PrivateWealth. Mobile homes not eligible. Property insurance and appraisal will be required. Flood insurance may also be required. Back
- Closing costs paid for Synovus consumer deposit customers who commit and maintain a minimum draw requirement. Closing costs paid up to $10,000 as a bank credit for customers who maintain a Synovus consumer deposit account and commit to a 20% initial draw for 90 days. The initial draw is required to be made within 30 days from establishing the account. If the outstanding balance is not maintained as required, the bank paid 3rd party origination expenses will be added to the outstanding HELOC balance. If the borrower terminates the line within 36 months of the account agreement, an account closing fee of $200 (except South Carolina) will be charged to the customer. In addition, bank paid 3rd party origination expenses will be added to the outstanding HELOC balance. Back
- Other restriction apply for Synovus Inspire and Private Wealth customers. For more information on Inspire, see Synovus.com/SynovusInspire. For more information on Private Wealth, see Synovus.com/PrivateWealth. Generally, closing costs can range from $200–$4,000. Back
- The APR for the HELOC will vary based on Wall Street Journal Prime Rate (as of May 4, 2023, prime rate is 8.25%) plus a margin. The variable rate shown is calculated by using prime plus 0.40% APR (with a 0.25% discount for auto-deduct from a Synovus personal deposit account, a 49.90% LTV, a $250,000 commitment amount and first lien position). APR could be different based on several factors including credit score, credit history, Loan to Value (LTV), commitment amount and lien status. APR is subject to a minimum floor rate of 3.99% for relationship balances below $500,000, and 2.99% for Inspire and Private Wealth relationship balances greater than or equal to $500,000. The relationship balance used for the rate determination is defined as the balance in place at the time of application. The maximum APR rate is 18.00%. Private Wealth and Inspire Account clients are subject to different terms and conditions. The maximum LTV may vary with the amount borrowed, credit score, credit history, location, relationship program and balance, and property type. Back
- The HELOC offers an interest only or 1.50% payment (or $50 minimum) during the initial draw period of 10 years. The draw period is followed by a 20-year repayment with a payment of 1.50% of the balance (or a $50 minimum). Conversion of all, or any portion of the balance above $5,000, to a fixed rate/fixed term are limited to three fixed rate options during the draw period; there is a $50 fee for each option. Once converted, that balance will remain at that fixed rate for the remainder of the term selected and cannot be selected for conversion again. The repayment period for these options cannot exceed the HELOC's maturity date. Back
- Please consult your tax advisor. Back
- PMI is typically required on conventional loans with a down payment of less than 20%. Limited to the purchase of primary residences. Purchase money funds are subject to a 30-year repayment at a fixed rate for the remainder of the term add at end by exercising a fixed rate option. Back
Home Equity Calculators
Calculate a Home Equity Line of Credit Payment
Home Equity Loan or a Line of Credit?