Meet our team
Jennifer S. Upshaw
Chief of Staff
Upshaw joined Synovus as a Management Associate in June 2003. She spent several years as an Assistant Branch Manager and Branch Manager prior to becoming a Regional Retail Manager in 2006. In 2010, Upshaw led the formation of Synovus’ Retail Lending Center and the implementation of its refreshed retail strategy roadmap. She was named Senior Director, Marketing in 2017 and Chief Retail Banking Officer in 2019. Upshaw was appointed Chief of Staff in May 2021.
- Bachelor of Arts, Finance, University of Georgia
- Member, Board of Directors, Twin Cedars Youth and Family Services, Inc., Georgia
- Member, Leadership Georgia Class of 2020-2021
- Recipient, Synovus Game Changer Award, 2018
- Honoree, American Banker’s Most Powerful Women in Banking: Next, 2019
Summary of Responsibilities
As Chief of Staff, Upshaw helps lead critical strategic and operational initiatives, serving as a trusted advisor to the President & CEO and the broader executive leadership team. She also coordinates specific projects and functions as the CEO’s proxy, helping drive key decisions, resolve corporate-wide issues, and prioritize resources to ensure focus on the most impactful areas.