Meet our team
Meet our team
Jennifer S. Upshaw
Chief Retail Banking Officer
Upshaw joined Synovus as a management associate in June 2003. She spent several years as assistant branch manager and branch manager prior to becoming a regional retail manager in 2006. In 2010, Jennifer led the formation of our Retail Lending Center and the implementation of our refreshed retail strategy roadmap. She was named senior director, marketing, in February 2017, and group executive, marketing, in 2019 before being named Chief Retail Banking Officer.
Bachelor of Arts, Finance, University of Georgia
- Member, Board of Directors, Twin Cedars Youth and Family Services, Inc., Ga
- Former Board Member, American Red Cross, Junior League of Columbus
- Former member, United Way Loaned Exec and Young Professionals
- 2018 recipient of Synovus Game Changer Award
- Named one of American Banker’s “Most Powerful Women in Banking: Next” honorees, May 2019. The program highlights 15 women who have demonstrated exceptional leadership early in their careers.
Summary of Responsibilities
Upshaw is responsible for creating and executing Synovus’ strategies for consumer and small business clients, managing sales and risk performance, setting annual strategic plan and performance targets, and overseeing consumer and small business products and delivery channels.