Synovus Budget Checking
Unexpected fees can add up fast, and that doesn’t fit into your plans. Synovus Budget Checking1 waives overdraft and nonsufficient funds fees as well as limits transactions that could overdraw your account, making it a great option if you’re on a budget or have a history of frequent overdrafts. Budget checking features include:
- Low monthly service fee of $5
- A low minimum balance of $25 to open your account
- Waived overdraft or non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees
- Use My Synovus2 for your online and mobile banking needs to pay bills, deposit checks3, send and receive money with Zelle®, set up account alerts4, and more through Apps on your iPhone® and Android™
- Synovus checks are not offered on this account, but you can enjoy the flexibility of our contactless Visa® Debit Card
- Compare options
Important disclosure information
All Synovus checking accounts are subject to approval. Additional terms and miscellaneous fees may apply. Please refer to Schedule of Fees and Charges for pricing information.
- Standard overdraft coverage is not provided with Budget Checking, so transactions may be declined if there are no available funds. Additional overdraft coverage services such as Overdraft Privilege Extended Coverage and Overdraft Protection Transfers are not eligible on Budget Checking. Back
- Use of the My Synovus mobile app requires your mobile service provider's data and /or text plan. Message and data rates may apply. Back
- Mobile Deposits: There is no limit on the number of checks that can be deposited through Mobile Deposit. Deposit amount limits apply and are described within the My Synovus Agreement. Deposits may not be available for immediate withdrawal. Deposits made before 7 p.m. ET on business days are generally available the next business day, but may take up to three business days depending on weekends and holidays. Your device must have a camera with at least two megapixels in resolution. Not all checks are eligible for mobile deposit. Please see your My Synovus Agreement or the FAQ for a list of ineligible checks. Back
Use of account alerts apps require your mobile service provider’s data and/or text plan. Message and data rates may apply.
Zelle® and the Zelle® related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license. Back