Synovus Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Effective as of January 12, 2017
You represent and warrant that you are: a resident of the United States, of the legal age of majority in your state of residence, and legally competent to enter into a binding legal contract.
Use of this Site
You agree that you will not (and you agree not to encourage or allow any third party to):
- breach, test, or circumvent (or attempt to breach, test or circumvent) any security, copy protection or rights management feature in the Site or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other users’ accounts or Synovus’ computer systems or networks;
- copy, modify, translate, adapt or otherwise create derivative works or improvements (whether or not patentable) of any part of the Site;
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or decode the Site or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of any part of the Site (unless applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction);
- remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or proprietary notices contained in the Site or content of the Site;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape or index any portion of the Site;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or otherwise make available any features or functionality of the Site to any third party for any reason;
- distribute, rent, sublicense, lease, lend, sell, resell, assign, transfer, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise make available or exploit any features or functionality of the Site including though time-sharing, use of service bureau or by otherwise making the Site available on a network on which it is accessible by more than one device at any time;
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Site without Synovus’ written consent;
- cause or launch any programs or scripts for the purpose of scraping, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data mining any portion of the Site or unduly burdening or hindering the operation and/or functionality of any aspect of the Site; or
- collect or store personal data about any other user without his or her express prior written consent.
Information You Provide To Us
Any feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like that you send to us (collectively, “Ideas”) will be treated as being non-confidential and non-proprietary. We assume no obligation to protect such information from disclosure and we may reproduce, use, modify and distribute the Ideas to others.
By submitting an Idea, you represent and warrant that:
- your Idea is true and accurate;
- your Idea is not defamatory, libelous, hateful, violent, obscene, pornographic, unlawful or otherwise offensive or unlawful; and
- your Idea does not violate the privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity.
Copyrights and Trademarks and Restrictions on Use
This Site and all content of the Site are owned and controlled by Synovus or its Affiliates, except as otherwise expressly stated, and are protected by U.S. copyright laws and international treaties. The copyrighted materials on the Site include, but are not limited to, the design, text, images, software, source code, graphics and other content on the Site. The SYNOVUS logo and other trademarks and service marks are owned by Synovus or its Affiliates. Other trademarks and logos used on the Site to identify the source of goods or services are trademarks or service marks owned by Synovus, its Affiliates, or third parties. Any open source or third-party code incorporated in the Site is covered by the applicable open source or third-party license authorizing its use.
How You May Use Our Materials
You may not copy, display, distribute, transfer, link to, reproduce, license, frame, alter, create derivative works of, or republish all or any portion of the Site for any commercial or public purpose without Synovus' prior written consent. You may use, copy and distribute the materials found on this Site for internal, noncommercial, information purposes only. All copies that you make of the materials must contain any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice on the original materials. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by printing or downloading copyrighted material. All such rights are retained by Synovus or its Affiliates or licensors or any third party owner of such rights. You may not modify the materials. Except as authorized in this paragraph, you are not being granted a license under any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right in the material or the products, services, processes or technology described therein. Requests for a license should be made in writing to Synovus Financial Corp., ATTN: General Counsel's Office, P. O. Box 120, Columbus, GA 31902. You acknowledge that the trade secrets embodied in the Site have not been and will not be licensed or otherwise disclosed to you. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Synovus.
You may be invited to register on the Site in order to obtain information or products or services. In registering on the Site for any purpose, you agree to provide accurate, true, current, and complete information about you and/or your business as requested by the registration screens.
Access to Synovus Products and Services
Links to Other Websites
Synovus may from time to time, in its sole discretion, develop and provide updates for the Site, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches and other error corrections and/or new features (collectively, “Updates”). Updates also may modify or delete certain features and functionality. You agree that Synovus has no obligation to provide Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS; DAMAGES EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
THIS SECTION APPLIES TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. YOUR USE OF ANY SYNOVUS PRODUCT OR SERVICE, EVEN IF ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE, IS GOVERNED BY THE SYNOVUS AGREEMENT(S) AND DISCLOSURES APPLICABLE TO THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE.
YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, ANY LINKED SITE, AND THE INTERNET GENERALLY. SYNOVUS PROVIDES THIS SITE, AND THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE, ON AN “AS IS”, “WHERE IS”, AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. SYNOVUS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE USE OR OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR OTHER CONTENT INCLUDED ON THIS SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, SYNOVUS DISCLAIMS ANY SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, SECURITY OR FREEDOM FROM ERRORS, VIRUSES, BUGS, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, SYNOVUS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE, ANY DELAYS ON THE SITE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR ANY LINKED SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SYNOVUS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so CERTAIN OF the above WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS may not apply to you.
Claims of copyright infringement
If you believe in good faith that materials available on this Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Synovus a notice requesting us to remove the material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act permits you to send Synovus a counter-notice. Learn more at the U.S. Copyright Office site.
Synovus and its Affiliates shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform or delivery of any product or service, or for any damages suffered by you by reason of such delay or failure, directly or indirectly caused by or arising from acts of God, acts of public enemies, riots, acts of governmental agencies, labor difficulties, failure of our suppliers, equipment or service malfunction, or any other cause or causes beyond the reasonable control of Synovus, whether or not similar to those enumerated herein.
How to Contact Us
© 2017 Synovus Bank