Customer Security Incident Reporting
More about security incident reporting
What should I do if I suspect fraud on my Synovus account?
If you suspect you are a victim of fraud and/or fraudulent transactions—including but not limited to: ATM, Zelle, Bill Pay, online transfers, etc.—have posted to your account, please call us immediately at 1-888-SYNOVUS (796-6887).
How can I dispute a transaction and/or check the status of a previously disputed transaction?
If you’d like to dispute a transaction or check the status of a previously disputed transaction, please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-888-SYNOVUS (796-6887).
What should I do if I receive a suspicious phone call, email or text message?
Do not provide your personal information as we will never ask for this information via phone, email, or text message. Call us immediately to report any suspicious activity at 1-888-SYNOVUS (796-6887), or complete the Customer Security Incident Reporting form here.
How can I report any other potential security concern?
If you have a security concern, please complete and submit the Customer Security Incident Reporting form here, or call us at 1-888-SYNOVUS (796-6887).
Which steps can I take if I suspect my identity or account information has been compromised?
- Contact the financial institution to provide notification of possible stolen identity
- Close or freeze accounts possibly impacted
- Change online sign-in credentials and passwords
- Request a copy of your credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com or call 877-322-8228.
- Review your credit report for unauthorized accounts or inquiries
- Place a fraud alert on your credit file by contacting the three major credit bureaus
- Experian 888-397-3742
- TransUnion 800-680-7289
- Equifax 888-766-0008
- Place a security alert on any compromised deposit account (checking/savings) by contacting ChexSystems at 888-478-6536.