Gateway Migration Treasury Service Updates
Please see important alerts and resources below for the latest information and most frequently asked questions about Treasury and Payment services.
- Positive Pay Default Alert: Gateway Positive Pay items should be reviewed and decisioned daily by 2:00 p.m. ET. Otherwise, check payments will default to Pay All and ACH transactions will default to Return All. To learn more, see the Gateway Positive Pay video tutorial and Positive Pay User Guide.
- Positive Pay Exception Viewing Alert: If you encounter issues viewing Positive Pay exceptions, simply select Launch Advanced Options > Exception Processing > Quick Exception Processing. As a reminder, the Gateway Positive Pay decision window is open daily until 2:00 p.m. ET.
- Authorize ACH or Wire payments and need to install or register your Symantec VIP token? See the Symantec VIP Token Guide for instructions.
- International Wire Transfer Tip: Sending an international wire transfer and need to ensure your payee/beneficiary receives the full USD amount? See the International Wire Transfer Tip Sheet for important information and best practices.
- Need assistance using Treasury services within Synovus Gateway? See synovus.com/gatewaycommercialresources for videos and user guides for services such as Positive Pay, ACH, Template Payments, QuickBooks, Alerts, User Management, and more. Also be sure to explore the additional resources accessible below.
A better digital commercial banking experience is here.
Welcome! Below are resources to help familiarize you with Synovus Gateway℠ enhanced digital commercial banking.
First time log in instructions:
- Navigate to the synovus.com Home page.
- From the “Manage Your Account” drop-down menu, select Synovus Gateway;
- Click or tap First time login? and enter your Synovus Gateway Login ID provided via email and click or tap Submit;
- On the Select Secure Access Code Target page, click or tap your desired contact method — either text, email, or voice call — to generate a secure access code;
- When the code arrives, enter the code on the Secure Access Code page and click or tap Submit;
- Enter a password, then re-enter it in the Confirm Password field and click or tap Submit.
Note: If you have difficulty at first log in with requesting or receiving the Secure Access Code, please contact Customer Care at 1-888-SYNOVUS (796-6887) and say “Gateway.” See the Transition Guide for additional first-time log in information, including Secure Access Code details and password requirements.
Once you log in, refer to the Readiness Checklist (page 2) for actions to complete now. Review the service menu to familiarize yourself with the new application, the Home page, and how your information has carried over from the BBC or BeB. The Home page is always your landing page for convenient access to the service menu, account overview, and quick actions. Also be sure to follow the instructions provided to download the Synovus Gateway mobile app. If you are an administrator, familiarize yourself with how to manage users and your company policy by reviewing the Manage Users demo and User Management Guide at synovus.com/gatewaycommercialresources.
Note for Bill Pay administrators – Synovus Gateway Bill Pay eBill set up requirement
As previously shared for administrators of Bill Pay, you will need to set up designated eBills within Synovus Gateway upon initial log in. See the Synovus Gateway Bill Pay Get Started Guide for instructions. Note: If you are a Bill Pay administrator and need a list of your business’ eBill accounts to support setup or have questions about your eBills, please submit a request through the Gateway secure Messages center once logged in. To request, navigate to Messages—located in the left menu bar below the Home icon—and then select “Bill Pay Services” from the “New Message – Message recipient” drop-down list.
Get familiar with your new digital banking experience
Synovus Gateway Orientation Training via Webinar
Visit synovus.com/gatewaytraining to register for remaining training opportunities and view recorded service module training sessions.
Access synovus.com/gatewaycommercialresources for interactive demos and user guides to learn about frequently used online and mobile features, including how to log in. Be sure to bookmark the site for future reference.
Visit synovus.com/gatewaycommercialresources for comprehensive user guides covering online and mobile features and functions.
Review the Enhancement Summary for at-a-glance information that you need to know, including an overview of new features and functions that are now available to you with Synovus Gateway.
Use additional Treasury Management services?
See the Transition Guide and Treasury Management and Payment Solutions FAQ for details about your enhanced experience.
Note regarding soft tokens and transaction authorization
Token authentication will not be required at login but will be required for transaction authorization. Also, RSA hard tokens will be replaced by soft (digital) tokens. Please see the Symantec VIP Token Guide for details. If you authorize ACH or Wire payments, you will need to install the Symantec VIP Access Manager app for soft token use. Then, once logged in to Synovus Gateway, watch for a messaging prompt to register your new soft (digital) token for use.
Have questions? We’re here to help.
Contact your relationship manager, treasury management consultant or call Synovus Customer Care at 1-888-SYNOVUS (796-6887) and say "Gateway."