Get more from your Synovus cards
Synovus Card Alerts makes it easy to get real-time updates about your account activity.
- Enroll your Visa® debit or credit card2 to set a dollar amount of your choice and be notified whenever any transaction is made for more than your pre-set amount.1
- Choose other types of notifications, including alerts when your card is not present (online or over-the-phone payments), declined transaction, gas station and international purchases.
To get started, download the Synovus Card Alerts app using your Android or iOS mobile device.3
Synovus Card Alerts is separate from other alerts services you may already be enrolled in and does not require participation in Synovus Mobile Banking or Synovus Online Banking.
Frequently Asked Questions Terms & Conditions
Automatic Fraud Alerts are sent to Visa and Mastercard credit and debit card customers when questionable activity is noticed on the account. For example, if transactions suddenly happen in cities outside your normal footprint, or outside the U.S.; or are for larger than normal amounts.
- These notifications are sent to you automatically via text, email and/or phone when we see questionable activity on your account.
- Please make sure we have up-to-date contact information at all times. You can opt out any time. Refer to your cardholder agreement for more information or read the Frequently Asked Questions.
This technology has transformed the way you make purchases. Digital wallets offer protection against fraud while also offering the convenience of making on-the-go purchases in an app or with a tap of your smartphone in store.
- Apple Pay®: Use your iPhone (6 or later) or Apple Watch to easily make purchases with eligible cards2 at participating merchants while on the go. Use Apple Pay at retailers when you see these symbols.
- Samsung Pay: Use your credit and debit cards on Samsung Pay. It's accepted at your favorite spots to make checkouts easy and deals hard to miss.
- Google Pay™: Choose your device, add your credit or debit cards, and you're all set. Wherever you are – at the shops or in an app – you're ready to go!
Greater protection against unauthorized purchases when shopping online.
- Visa already offers comprehensive fraud protection, but Visa Secure® goes even a step further, adding an extra layer of security when you enter card information online.
- It works behind the scenes when you're shopping online.
- There may be times we ask you to provide more information to confirm the purchase. This helps make certain that you’re the only person using your card online.
Important Disclosure InformationThe service marks and trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
- Transactions made using a PIN number instead of a signature are not eligible to receive this alert-type. Back
- Eligible Synovus debit cards include Visa® Debit, Visa® Platinum Debit, Visa® Business Debit, and Visa® Home Equity Line of Credit cards. Eligible Synovus credit cards include Travel Rewards Visa®, Rewards Visa®, Cash Rewards Visa®, Classic Visa®, Business Travel Rewards Visa®, Business Rewards Visa®, Business Visa®, Visa® Purchasing, and Visa® Corporate cards. Back
- Use of the Synovus Card Alerts app requires your mobile service provider’s data and/or text plan. Message and data rates may apply. Back