Meet our team
Meet our team in Pensacola
James Edward "Eddie" Norris III
Eddie is a native of middle Georgia, born and raised in Columbus. Soon after graduating from Columbus State, he joined Columbus Bank & Trust as an assistant branch manager. Named a senior vice president in 1992, he was serving as the Columbus bank’s senior manager of commercial real estate when he became market president. Since then Synovus has honored him with the James H. Blanchard Leadership Award, which recognizes individuals who demonstrate the best use of leadership and interpersonal skills such as teamwork, communication, and coaching. Outside the office, Eddie enjoys hunting and fishing with his family and friends. He and his wife Kerry have five sons from 11 to 27 years old.
Work in the middle Georgia community
- Board Chairman-Elect and Past Campaign Chair, United Way of Central Georgia
- 2015 Campaign Chairman, United Way of Central Georgia
- 2014 Campaign Chairman, United Way of Central Georgia
- 2012-2016 Baseball Coach, Perry Junior League
- 2014 Robins Regional Chamber of Commerce Board
Executive VP, Commercial Banking Manager
Alan is a rarity: a seventh-generation Pensacolian. A graduate of Birmingham-Southern College, he started his career 18 years ago as a Middle Market banker at SouthTrust Bank in Birmingham. Ten years ago he returned to Pensacola as a commercial banker at Wells Fargo Bank, covering the Florida Panhandle. Since joining Synovus in 2015, he has worked with our business and commercial clients in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties. In his free time Alan enjoys traveling, exercising and sports.
Work in our community
- Board Chair, YMCA
- Board Member and Treasurer, Fiesta of Five Flags
- Board Member, Pensacola State Foundation
- Member and Past President, Five Flags Rotary Club
- Board Member, Sacred Heart Health System
Senior Vice President, Private Wealth Advisor
Karen joined Synovus in 2017 and has 35 years of banking experience. She was drawn to Synovus because of the excellent culture and the customer covenant. “I serve our clients as a proactive and trusted financial advisor by providing private banking, lending, and depository services, and I also provide risk management, asset management, wealth transfer, and financial planning,” Karen says.
Karen earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration with a major in finance from Sullivan University in Louisville, Kentucky. In her free time, Karen enjoys playing with her grandchildren, lounging on the beach, boating, and traveling.
Work in our community
- Board of Trustees, Pensacola Opera
- Member, Impact 100
- Member, Pensacola Women’s Association
- Certification, Florida Department of Insurance Life, Accident and Health
- Registered Representative, Synovus Securities, Inc.
- Investment Advisory Representative, Synovus Securities, Inc.
- Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional™, College of Financial Planning
- Certified Wealth Strategist – CWS®, Cannon Financial Institute