Meet our team
Meet our team in Dalton
Market Executive, Northwest Georgia
Bill is an industry veteran with over 25 years of experience in banking and financial services. Before joining Synovus, he worked at BB&T and Truist, managing corporate relationships with businesses in several industry verticals ranging from manufacturing to commercial real estate.
Having served the Northwest Georgia market his entire career, Bill’s knowledge of the area is invaluable, providing his team with the insights needed to build the right solutions for their clients. Under his leadership, Synovus will continue to grow its presence in Northwest Georgia and help position our clients and the communities we serve for success.
Awards and Affiliations
- Treasurer and Board Chair-Elect, Community Foundation of Northwest Georgia
- Board Member and Past Board Chair, Greater Dalton Chamber of Commerce
- Vice Chair and Past Treasurer, Dalton Whitfield Join Development Authority
- Past Campaign Chair and Co-founder of Young Leaders Society, United Way of Northwest Georgia
- Junior Achievement of Northwest Georgia Business Hall of Fame Rising Star
Patrick Townsend has 43 years of experience in banking and finance, 19 of which have been with Synovus. He has attended West Georgia College, the Georgia Commercial Lending School, and the University of Wisconsin School of Banking, and he received the Synovus Chairman’s Circle of Excellence award in 2017. A native of Murray County, Georgia, he loves working at Synovus because of the company’s emphasis on team members and family. He is married with two daughters and one granddaughter.
Work in our community
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Board member, NWGA Regional Library
- Former board member, Cross Plains Community Partnership
- Former volunteer coach for 9-10 youth