Meet our team
Meet our team in Chattanooga
Randal HarrellMarket Executive
Randal Harrell, a native of McMinnville, TN, is proud to serve as a Market President in Chattanooga. He has over 15 years of experience in the financial services industry and an impressive list of academic accomplishments, including a bachelor’s degree and MBA from Tennessee Tech University. He also attended the Louisiana State University School of Banking and the Southeastern Schools sponsored by the Tennessee Bankers Association, Georgia Bankers Association, and Louisiana Bankers Association. He holds several certifications and Series 7 and 63 licenses. “Synovus’ community banking roots, combined with founding principles of treating people right and doing the right thing, creates a small bank feel for clients without sacrificing access to the full-service financial products one would expect from a large financial institution,” he says. He is joined in Chattanooga by his wife and two sons.
Work in our community
- Rotary International, Ruritan National (previously)
- Board member, treasurer, Families in Crisis (previously)
- American Heart Association - Circle of Red
- United Way of Greater Chattanooga
- Signal Mountain Presbyterian - Member
- Leadership McMinnville
- Special Olympics – Tennessee Area 4
Maggie TannerDirector, Private Wealth Management
Maggie Turner has been with Synovus since 2016, and has 17 years experience in banking and financial services. She is a graduate of the University of Mississippi, where she received a bachelor’s degree in finance and she holds Series 7 and Series 66 certifications and has an insurance license.
As the wife of a surgeon and mom of two, Maggie has a unique perspective on understanding the complex liability and liquidity needs of families, busy professionals, and business owners. Her expertise incorporates comprehensive, tailor-made banking solutions into overall wealth strategies, unique to each situation. She accomplishes this by working in tandem with specialists in the areas of trust, financial planning, mortgage, investments, and insurance, in addition to external advisors, including CPAs and attorneys. Her passion is in making banking about her clients, not an institution, and in providing refreshing ideas, coupled with the highest level of responsiveness and service.
She says, “Joining Synovus was an easy decision for me. It has the financial size to deliver comprehensive services that our sophisticated clients deserve. I love helping clients think through financial concerns and finding the best solutions for them, their families, and their businesses.” She is a native of Huntsville, A.L., and enjoys hiking, biking, cooking, and traveling in her spare time.
Work in our community
- Recipient, Synovus Chairman’s Circle of Excellence, James D. Yancey Customer Covenant Award (2020)
- Board member, Medical Society of Chattanooga and Hamilton County and Medical Foundation
- Member, Chattanooga Medical Group Management Association
- Member, Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute
- Member, First Presbyterian Church of Chattanooga
- Sustainer, Junior League of Chattanooga
- Graduate, Alabama Leadership Initiative
- Graduate, Leadership Huntsville, Connect Class 6
- Member, Leadership Chattanooga (2017-2018)
- Finalist, Young Professional of the Year, Huntsville Chamber of Commerce (2007)
- Junior League of Birmingham (previously)
- Junior League of Huntsville (previously)
- Member, Public Affairs Research Committee of Alabama (previously)
- Member, Committee of 100, Young Professional Initiative of Huntsville (previously)
Peter LindemanCommercial Banking Manager
Peter joined the Synovus team in 2018 with more than 25 years in banking. A native of Atlanta, Ga., Peter and his wife, three children, and two dogs moved to Chattanooga in 2013. “Chattanooga is a great place to live and work. The area is growing rapidly, making it a wonderful place to be a commercial banker. I get to learn about my clients’ businesses, and help them with the financial services they need to grow and expand.”
Peter graduated with a B.A. in Economics from Wake Forest University.
Work in our community
- Treasurer of Chattanooga Chamber Downtown Council
- Member of Lookout Mountain Presbyterian Church