Do Not Respond to Text Messages from 888-877-8880
We are aware of fraudulent text messages called “Synovus Mobile Alert” being sent to our customers regarding locked card accounts. These text messages are not from Synovus. This is a fraudulent attempt to gain access to account information known as smishing.
Smishers attempt to get information by tricking you into responding to a text message, calling a fraudulent phone number, or by visiting a fake web site. Do not open, download or reply to any suspicious correspondence. Protect your username, password, and other sensitive login information by deleting text messages, e-mails or other messages from people you do not know that may contain attachments or links to unsolicited offers. Remember, we will not ask you for information through text messages, e-mail, social media or by linking to a website.
If you receive this text message or something similar, please
- Do not reply to the message.
- Do not click on any of the links that may be embedded in the message.
- Do not call any phone numbers provided in the message.
- Contact your telephone provider and forward a copy of the text so that it may be investigated.
- Contact your bank, financial institution, or other entity you do business with directly to determine if they sent you a legitimate request.
If you believe that you have been a victim of a smishing scam, you should file a complaint at https://www.ftc.gov, and then visit the FTC Identity Theft Web site (link https://www.ftc.gov/idtheft) to learn how to minimize your risk of damage from identity theft.
For more information on protecting yourself against identity theft and fraud, visit the Safety and Security section of our site.