Meet our team
Gloria C. Banks
Executive Vice President and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer
Banks began her career with Synovus in September of 2012. She has more than 40 years of banking experience and previously worked as Vice President, National Corporate Risk Compliance Manager for Comerica Bank.
- BBA, Business, Detroit College of Business
- MSA, Administration, Central Michigan University
- American Bankers Association National Compliance School
- American Bankers Association Graduate School of Compliance Management
- American Bankers Association Risk Management School
- Institute of Certified Bankers - Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Board member, National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC)
- Board Member and Chair of Audit Committee, Bank Administration Institute (BAI)
- American Bankers Association, Certified Enterprise Risk Professional (CERP)
- Recipient, Synovus Game Changer Award, 2016
Summary of Responsibilities
Banks is responsible for developing compliance and ethics strategy and directing and monitoring the company’s overall compliance and ethics programs. She is also responsible for ensuring the bank’s activities comply with all consumer regulatory standards.