Synovus Restores Walk-in Service at All Branches
COLUMBUS, Ga., Sept. 23, 2020 — Synovus has restored walk-in service at all branches following completion of a pilot re-opening earlier this month at select banking centers across the bank’s five state footprint.
“The health and well-being of team members and customers remains our primary consideration, and we’ve taken every precaution to assure their safety,” said Jennifer Upshaw, Synovus chief retail banking officer. “We couldn’t be more excited to welcome walk-in customers back to their local branches!”
Following the guidance of public health authorities and experts, some changes visible to walk-in branch customers include:
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of all common areas, including check writing stands, teller windows, desks, drive-thru tubes, ATMs, door handles, break room surfaces, and pens used by customers, which are cleaned after each use;
- Installation of acrylic screens at teller windows and other customer contact and high-density locations;
- Placement of lobby greeters and monitors to manage occupancy;
- Installation of new signage, with visible “please wait here” notices at front doors near lobby greeters;
- Revised entrances at branches with multiple entryways;
- Masks or face coverings worn by all team members.
All Synovus branches converted to drive-thru and by-appointment-only service in March, following the declaration of the COVID-19 national emergency.
Synovus Financial Corp. is a financial services company based in Columbus, Georgia, with approximately $54 billion in assets. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services through 294 branches in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. Synovus Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Synovus, has been recognized as one of the country's “Most Reputable Banks” by American Banker and the Reputation Institute. Synovus is on the web at synovus.com, and on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.