- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Changes to Board of Directors
- Synovus Announces REACH Awards
- Synovus Presents Annual Awards
- Synovus Receives 20 Customer Service Excellence Awards in Middle and Small Business Banking
- Kamensky Named Synovus Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- Synovus Reports Earnings for Fourth Quarter of 2013
- Dunlevie Named Managing Director of Synovus Family Asset Management
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend
|Synovus Again Named To USBanker List of “Top 100 Banks”
Columbus, GA, August 6, 2008 – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, has once again been named to the list of “Top 100 Banks” by USBanker magazine. Synovus appears at number 15, improving on last year’s survey ranking of number 20.
The annual performance ranking takes the 100 largest banks and scores them based on their three-year average return on equity. Synovus reported a 13.69 percent return on average equity in 2007, with a three-year average of 16.82 percent.
“Our company is honored to be recognized for delivering this level of performance that provides a foundation as we move through the current challenging economic environment,” said Richard Anthony, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Synovus. “We are also proud to be compared to other high performing companies that create long-term shareholder value.”
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a financial services holding company with more than $34 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 35 banks, 440 ATMs, and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique decentralized customer delivery model, position in high-growth Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.