- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus' Series C Preferred Stock
- Synovus to Announce Second Quarter 2015 Results on July 21, 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- The Bank of Nashville Opens in Gulch Crossing
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
|Synovus Announces 2011 Jack Parker Scholarship Recipients
July 7, 2011, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, today announced its 2011 Jack Parker Scholarship recipients. This year, 124 scholarships totaling $136,000 were awarded to children of Synovus team members. Scholarship funds are generated each year through team member donations and internal fundraising activities.
The Scholarship Program is named in honor of Jack B. Parker, whose career with the Synovus family of companies spanned 44 years. Jack’s enthusiastic attitude, keen sense of duty and good heart were evident throughout his career. The scholarship program is managed by the Jack B. Parker Foundation, Inc. to award college or vocational institution scholarships to team members’ children who excel academically, demonstrate strong leadership and are involved in activities to improve their communities. Since its inception in 1988, the foundation has awarded almost $2 million in scholarships.
Synovus is a financial services company with $29 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus Financial Corp. provides commercial and retail banking, investment and mortgage services to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. See Synovus Financial Corp. on the web at www.synovus.com.