- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Synovus, CB&T and CB&T of East Alabama Exceed United Way Goal
|More than $700,000 raised to help fund programs in the Chattahoochee Valley|
December 17, 2009 Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, today announced that the company and its local affiliate banks, Columbus Bank and Trust and CB&T of East Alabama, exceeded their 2009 United Way fundraising goal. The companies raised a total of $730,599 in contributions to the United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley.
“I am constantly inspired by the level of caring and dedication shown by our team members, not only toward each other and our customers, but also to the communities we serve,” said Richard Anthony, Chairman and CEO of Synovus. “I am also proud of the leadership demonstrated by our own Billy Blanchard, President of CB&T, in guiding this year's campaign beyond expectations.”
The United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley supports 25 agencies and 47 programs in Muscogee, Russell, Harris, Chattahoochee, Taylor, Stewart, Talbot and Marion counties in Georgia and Alabama. The organization plays an impactful role in building our community. They focus on preparing young people for success, strengthening families and community, caring for the elderly and people with special needs and responding to disasters and individuals in crisis. For more information on the organization, visit www.unitedwayofthecv.org.
Synovus is a financial services holding company with approximately $35 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers through 30 banks, 330 offices, and 467 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. The company focuses on its unique customer service delivery model, position in attractive Southeast markets and commitment to being a great place to work to ensure unparalleled customer experiences. See Synovus on the Web at www.synovus.com.