- News Releases
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus' Series C Preferred Stock
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- The Bank of Nashville Opens in Gulch Crossing
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
|Synovus Announces 2014 Jack Parker Scholarships
August 14, 2014, COLUMBUS, GA– Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, recently announced its 2014 Jack Parker Scholarship recipients. This year, 94 scholarships totaling $114,000 were awarded to children of Synovus team members. Scholarship funds are generated each year through team member donations and internal fundraising activities.
The scholarship program is named in honor of Jack B. Parker, whose career with the Synovus family of companies spanned 44 years. Jack’s enthusiastic attitude, keen sense of duty, and good heart were evident throughout his career. The scholarship program is managed by the Jack B. Parker Foundation, Inc. to award college or vocational institution scholarships to team members’ children who excel academically, demonstrate strong leadership, and are involved in activities to improve their communities. Since its inception in 1988, the foundation has awarded almost $2 million in scholarships.
Synovus Financial Corp. is a financial services company based in Columbus, Georgia with approximately $27 billion in assets. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers through 28 locally-branded divisions, 271 branches, and 355 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee.