We’re almost at the finish line
FCB will officially become Synovus in just a few days. Before Monday, May 6, here are the top 3 things you'll need to do along with other important information to ensure a seamless transition of your FCB business or commercial accounts to Synovus.
We appreciate your patience over the past few months as we’ve worked to bring our two banks together as one. Thank you for being our customer.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
1. Be aware of FCB downtimes.
Some of FCB’s features and services won’t be available for brief periods leading up to May 6. Knowing about these downtimes in advance will help you avoid any inconvenience.
What will be unavailable at FCB and when:
- Branches – All FCB branches will close on Friday, May 3, at 5:00 p.m., reopening at normal business hours on Monday, May 6
- Business eBanking – Friday, May 3
- BeB Mobile Banking app – Friday, May 3
- ATMs – Periodic unavailability on Friday, May 3, between 5:00 p.m. to midnight
When to begin using these services at Synovus:
- Business eBanking – Sunday, May 5, at 11:00 p.m.
- BeB Mobile Banking app – Sunday, May 5, at 11:00 p.m. (be sure to delete your existing BeB app and download the new one)
- ATMs – Saturday, May 4, beginning at 1:00 a.m. (or earlier)
2. Business eBanking is staying the same, although the link for login will be different.Login at synovus.com/beb beginning May 6, 2019. Please remember to update any saved BeB links on or after May 6.
3. Activate and start using your Synovus debit card.
Your new Synovus debit card should arrive in early May. You’ll use the same PIN you use today with your FCB debit card.
It's important to activate and begin using your new Synovus debit card as soon as you receive it. Then, you should destroy your FCB debit card.
We’re here to help!Call 1-888-850-0804
7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern time, 7 days a week.
Additional information regarding the official transition of FCB to Synovus can be found by clicking the link below.