FCB has joined the Synovus family
As of January 1, 2019, Florida Community Bank and Synovus Bank have come together as one bank. Together, we’re committed to delivering a better banking experience for you. As President and CEO of FCB, I’ve often heard from customers that while they appreciate all FCB offers them, they wish our footprint extended beyond the state of Florida. Now, as we join the Synovus family, you’ll have access to a broad network of branches and ATMs throughout the Southeast, plus a wider range of financial products and services.
The associates you’ve come to know at FCB will still serve you right here as we join the Synovus team. I’ll also be part of Synovus, and my primary goal is to make sure you’re well-informed and comfortable during the transition.
We’re excited about coming together with Synovus. We look forward to exceeding your expectations and helping you achieve financial success for many years to come.
Kent S. Ellert
President and Chief Executive Officer
Florida Community Bank
What to expect
For now, please keep banking as you always have. Watch your mailbox in the coming months; we’ll send you more information as your FCB accounts transition to Synovus. You may also hear from us periodically by email and through social media.
- We’ll begin replacing FCB ATMs with Synovus ATMs.
- You’ll receive a packet in the mail explaining how your accounts will transition to Synovus.
- Personal account holders will move from FCB Online Banking to the My Synovus digital banking platform. Before that transition, you’ll receive a temporary password in the mail and instructions for logging in to My Synovus.
- Business and commercial customers will continue using the existing FCB Business Electronic Banking service. We’ll send you a mailing about any updates to that service as it transitions to Synovus.
- You’ll receive your final FCB deposit account statement.
- FCB will officially take on the Synovus name, and the transition to your new Synovus accounts will be complete.
Checks and deposit slips
Direct deposits and automatic drafts
FCB customers can use FCB Visa® debit cards to get cash at any Synovus ATM and any Publix® Presto!® ATM across the Southeast, with no fee.
Plus, Synovus customers can use Synovus Visa® debit cards to get cash at any FCB ATM in Florida with no fee.
In early spring, we’ll begin replacing FCB ATMs with shiny new Synovus ATMs, which will allow you to:
- Make deposits
- Get cash in a variety of bills (such as $1, $5, $20, and $100 bills)
- Receive your ATM receipts via text to your mobile phone
Online banking and mobile banking
For now, keep using the same online banking services and mobile banking apps that you use today.
Business and commercial customers will continue using the existing Business Electronic Banking platform. When it moves to Synovus.com in late spring, there may be a short service outage during that transition. However, all scheduled transactions will take place as planned. We’ll notify you in advance of any planned outages.
In late spring, personal account holders will move from FCB Online Banking to the My Synovus digital banking platform. There may be a short service outage when we move your online banking service to My Synovus. However, all scheduled transactions will take place as planned. We’ll notify you in advance of any planned outages, and we’ll send you more detailed information soon about when your online banking account will convert to My Synovus. The My Synovus app will be available for iPhone® and Android® devices.
Our name, like our company, is unique, a word composed of “synergy” and “novus.” Synergy means working together — the interaction of separate components in such a way that the total effect is greater than the sum of the individual efforts. Novus, a Latin word, means new — usually of superior quality and different from others in the same category. The name was created and adopted in 1989, when Synovus was publicly listed for trade on the NYSE under the symbol “SNV.” Learn more about Synovus.
- Customer letter - English
- Customer letter - Spanish
This letter was mailed to all FCB customers on December 31, 2018, to officially announce the merger of Florida Community Bank and Synovus Bank.