FCB will soon take on the Synovus name
May 6 will be here before you know it. That’s the day your FCB accounts will transition to Synovus, and we’re working hard behind the scenes to deliver an even better banking experience for you.
In early April, you’ll receive a large packet in the mail with detailed information about your FCB accounts and the names of your new Synovus accounts. This packet will also include a booklet with information about benefits and services available to you as a Synovus customer beginning May 6. In the meantime, be sure to read more details below about the transition.
Plus, in the weeks ahead we’ll begin replacing our FCB ATMs with new Synovus ATMs, which will bring you exciting new features. You’ll have the ability to get cash in a variety of bills, such as $1, $5, $20, and $100 bills, and send email and text receipts directly to your mobile phone — with more ATM features to come.
We can’t wait to bring you the wider array of products and services available to you when FCB officially becomes Synovus on May 6, including:
- Private Wealth Management
- Financial Planning
- Investment Services
- Personal Trust and Institutional Trust Services
- And so much more
As we join the Synovus team, you’ll still see the same friendly faces serving you right here inside your local branch. I’ll also be part of Synovus, and my primary goal is to make sure you’re well-informed and comfortable during the transition — and beyond.
We’re excited about coming together with Synovus. We look forward to exceeding your expectations and helping you achieve financial success for many years to come.
— Kent S. Ellert
Executive Vice President and President – Florida Region
What to expect
For now, please keep banking with us as you always have. Watch your mailbox in the weeks ahead; we’ll send you more information as your FCB accounts transition to Synovus. You may also hear from us periodically by email and through social media.
- In late March, we’ll begin replacing FCB ATMs with new Synovus ATMs, which allow you to withdraw cash in a variety of bills (including $1, $5, $20, and $100 denominations) and quickly deposit checks or cash with ease. Plus, you can get your ATM receipts sent directly to you by text or email.
- In early April, you’ll receive a packet in the mail explaining how your account(s) will transition to Synovus.
- In mid-April, FCB personal banking customers will receive a temporary password and instructions for logging into the My Synovus digital banking platform. (Business and commercial customers will continue to use the existing FCB Business Electronic Banking service.)
- Also in mid-April, FCB Treasury Management customers will receive a mailing about how your Treasury services will transition to Synovus.
- In early May, you’ll receive your final FCB deposit account statement. After that, you’ll receive deposit account statements from Synovus.
- On May 6, FCB will officially take on the Synovus name, and the transition to your new Synovus account(s) will be complete. The same friendly faces you know at your local branch will still be here to serve you as Synovus team members.
Checks and deposit slips
Direct deposits and automatic drafts
If you currently have an FCB debit card, we’ll send you a new Synovus debit card in early May, and your PIN will stay the same as the one you use today with your FCB debit card. Please activate and begin using your new Synovus debit card as soon as you receive it.
If you haven't received your new Synovus debit card by May 10, please call us at 1-888-SYNOVUS (1-888-796-6887). Your current FCB debit card will continue to work until you receive your new Synovus debit card.
FCB customers can use FCB Visa® debit cards to get cash at any Synovus ATM and any Publix® Presto!® ATM across the Southeast, with no fee.
Plus, Synovus customers can use Synovus Visa® debit cards to get cash at any FCB ATM in Florida with no fee.
In early spring, we’ll begin replacing FCB ATMs with shiny new Synovus ATMs, which will allow you to:
- Make deposits
- Get cash in a variety of bills (such as $1, $5, $20, and $100 bills)
- Receive your ATM receipts via text to your mobile phone
Online banking and mobile banking
Personal Online Banking & Bill Pay users:
For now, keep using the same online banking services that you use today. In mid-April, we’ll send you more detailed information about when your online banking account will transition to the My Synovus digital banking platform. You can begin using My Synovus anytime starting May 6, 2019.
Plus, your bank account will always in the palm of your hand with the My Synovus app. Simply download the My Synovus app through iTunes® or Google Play™ and use your smartphone to:
- Check balances, transfer funds, and find branches and ATMs in seconds.
- Deposit your checks in a snap with Mobile Deposit—it’s as easy as taking a picture.
- Simplify your life with mobile access to Pay People and Bill Pay. You can also change payments or view and pay e-bills through the app.
You can begin using the My Synovus app on May 6, 2019. Until then, please continue using your FCB Mobile Banking app.
Business Electronic Banking users:
When your accounts transition to Synovus on May 6, 2019, you’ll keep using the same Business Electronic Banking (Business e-Banking) service that you use today to access your accounts online. When we move the Business Electronic Banking platform to synovus.com, there may be a short, planned service outage. However, all scheduled transactions will take place as planned. We’ll notify you in advance of any planned outages.
If you have an FCB credit card, your interest rate, terms, and conditions will remain the same. Please note the following updates beginning May 1, 2019:
- You’ll no longer be able to make FCB credit card payments at the branch.
- You can access your account online through the Cardmember Service portal at https://www.myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/login.do
- If you have any questions about your FCB credit card account, please call 1-866-552-8855.
Your FCB credit card will continue to be serviced by Elan, a third-party provider.
Our name, like our company, is unique, a word composed of “synergy” and “novus.” Synergy means working together — the interaction of separate components in such a way that the total effect is greater than the sum of the individual efforts. Novus, a Latin word, means new — usually of superior quality and different from others in the same category. The name was created and adopted in 1989, when Synovus was publicly listed for trade on the NYSE under the symbol “SNV.” Learn more about Synovus.
Helpful links and downloads
- Customer letter - English
- Customer letter - Spanish
This letter was mailed to all FCB customers on December 31, 2018, to officially announce the merger of Florida Community Bank and Synovus Bank.
- Brochure - English
- Brochure - Spanish
This brochure was enclosed with the letter above and is also available in all FCB branches beginning January 2, 2019.