William R. “Bill” Nigh
Synovus Regional CEO, President and Chief Executive Officer of
The Bank of Nashville
In 1992, Nigh joined Synovus as Vice President and Commercial Banking Manager with Columbus Bank and Trust Company in Columbus, Georgia. He also served in various roles for Synovus including Assistant to the Chairman and CEO from 2000 to 2002. He served as Chief Operating Officer and Senior Credit Officer of First Commercial Bank in Huntsville, Alabama from 2006 until 2008, and was named President and CEO of Trust One Bank in 2008. Nigh was named President and Chief Executive Officer of The Bank of Nashville, and Synovus Regional CEO for the Tennessee markets in 2010.
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, Texas Tech University
• Member, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Business Conditions Council
• Nashville Chamber of Commerce Prosperity Leader 2012
• Leadership Nashville – Class of 2012
• Board Member, Arts and Business Council
• Board Member, Tennessee State University Department of Economics and Finance Advisory Council
• Nashville Rotary Club
Summary of Responsibilities:
Nigh is responsible for the state-wide retail and commercial banking operations in Tennessee with Chattanooga-based Cohutta Banking Company and The Bank of Nashville.