Rebecca W. Rumer
Corporate and Community Affairs
Rumer began her career with Synovus in December 1993 when she joined the Trust Division of Columbus Bank and Trust Company, then the company's largest division, headquartered in Columbus, Georgia. Prior to assuming her current role, Rumer was Senior Director of Continuous Improvement at Synovus from 2009 through 2012. In this role, she was responsible for identifying and analyzing company-wide opportunities to achieve sustainable expense reductions and revenue. Prior to 2009, she was Senior Director of Private Client Services, leading the delivery of integrated financial solutions including planning, investment management, trust, estate, and private banking for clients in 15 of Synovus’ largest bank markets. Since joining Synovus, she has served as Manager of Personal Trust Administration, Director of Strategic Support for the Financial Management Services Group, and Manager of Private Client Services at Columbus Bank and Trust Company.
B.S., Home Economics, University of Georgia
Honor Graduate, Canon Trust School
- Board Member, The Medical Center Hospital Authority, Columbus, Georgia
- Vice Chairman, Board of Directors, Voices for Georgia's Children, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
- Board Member, The Foundation of The Methodist Home for Children and Youth of the South Georgia Conference
- Board Member, The Pastoral Institute, Columbus, Georgia
- Synovus William B. Turner Humanitarian Award, 2007
- Big Voice for Georgia's Children Award, Voices for Georgia's Children, Inc., 2008
- Dan Reed Service to Humanity Award, Columbus, Georgia Rotary Club, 2009
Summary of Responsibilities:
As Senior Director, Corporate and Community Affairs of Synovus, Rumer reports to Chairman and CEO Kessel Stelling, and is a member of the Executive Management Committee. In this capacity she works with other executives to further the CEO's strategic objectives and support the achievement of financial targets. In addition, Rumer leads Synovus’ charitable giving activity, including corporate donations and sponsorships. Rumer also serves as liaison to industry organizations like the Financial Services Roundtable and manages and serves as Chairman of all Synovus Political Action Committees.