Nelson S. Bean
Synovus Regional CEO, President and Chief Executive Officer of First Commercial Bank
Bean began his career with Synovus as Vice President in Commercial Banking with First Commercial Bank in 1988, and was promoted to Senior Vice President in 1993. He was named Executive Vice President in 1998. Bean became President of First Commercial Bank in 2003, and President and CEO in 2004. He was named Synovus Regional CEO in 2009.
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Vanderbilt University
- Board of Directors, VIVA Health, Inc.
- Board of Directors, The Club, Inc.
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee, United Way of Central Alabama
- Kiwanis Club of Birmingham (Secretary 2003-04)
- Board of Trustees, Leadership Birmingham (Participant, Class of 2003)
- Board of Directors and Co-Chair of Economic Prosperity Workgroup, Birmingham Business Alliance
- Monday Morning Quarterback Club
Summary of Responsibilities:
Bean serves as the President and CEO of First Commercial Bank (Birmingham, Alabama), and provides guidance to the leadership of Bank of Tuscaloosa, First Commercial Bank (Huntsville, Alabama), First Bank of Jasper and Sterling Bank (Montgomery, Alabama).