Alison W. Dowe
Dowe began her career with Synovus in 1995 as Associate Director of Corporate Communications. She was promoted to Director in 2002 and named Senior Director in 2013. Prior to joining Synovus, Dowe spent time as a television reporter and led small and minority business development and a drug-free workplace program for the Columbus, Georgia, Chamber of Commerce.
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication with emphasis on Journalism, Auburn University
Synovus Foundations of Leadership
Synovus Leadership Institute
- Member, Financial Services Roundtable Public Affairs Committee
- Member, 88.5 The Truth Radio Board of Directors
- Former Chairman, American Bankers Association Communications Council
- Former Member, American Bankers Association Bank Image Task Force
- Former Chairman, Columbus, Georgia, Public Safety Advisory Council
- Former Member, Young Life of Columbus Executive Committee
- Volunteer, Global Teen Challenge
- Recipient, 2007 James H. Blanchard Leadership Award
Summary of Responsibilities:
Dowe leads Synovus’ Corporate Communication team, which is responsible for all internal and external communication, creative services, and team enhancements. Dowe oversees the development of multi-dimensional, best practice communication strategies to promote the company’s brand; communicate strategic direction; protect and enhance the company’s reputation; mitigate risks; strengthen the culture and promote a healthy workplace environment; and support the communication of key growth initiatives designed to reach a variety of customer segments. In addition to directing the development of all internal communication, media, and PR strategies, Dowe is responsible for developing executive and senior leadership speeches and presentations, supporting effective communication of financial performance, assisting with shareholder communication, leading the communication component of change management, and managing all crisis communication.