William R. “Billy” Blanchard
Synovus Regional CEO, President and Chief Executive Officer of r
Columbus Bank and Trust
Blanchard’s career with Synovus began in 1995 as a Management Associate with CB&T. During his banking career, he worked as a credit analyst and served as Business Development Officer and Commercial Lender in the Corporate Banking Department. Blanchard has also served as Executive Vice President of Retail Banking for CB&T. In October 2009, he was named President of CB&T. He later became CEO of CB&T and Synovus Regional CEO in January 2011.
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Berry College
- Member, Berry College Board of Visitors
- Member, Chamber of Commerce Board Executive Committee
- Member, Downtown Development Authority
- Member, Development Authority of Columbus
- Trustee, Synovus Foundation
- Commissioner, Columbus Water Works
- United Way Board member, Past-Chairman, 2009 Campaign Chai
- Synovus' William B. Turner Humanitarian Award, 2008
- Chamber of Commerce J.R. Allen Award, 2010
Summary of Responsibilities:
Blanchard oversees the banking operations of CB&T, CB&T of East Alabama (Phenix City and Opelika), CB&T of Middle Georgia (Warner Robins), and Commercial Bank and Trust (LaGrange, Georgia)..