Allen J. Gula, Jr.
Executive Vice President
Chief Operations Officer
Gula is an accomplished financial services professional, having accumulated more than 30 years experience in the United States and global financial services industry. Before coming to Synovus, Gula held executive positions in e-commerce, payment solutions, technology, operations and strategic business planning. He also served as a board member with several privately held companies across the U.S. where he provided expertise and counsel in the areas of strategic development, operational scalability and financing. He was named Chief Operations Officer for Synovus on July 11, 2011.
Masters in Business Administration, Case Western Reserve University
- Co-Founder and current Chairman and CEO of the Marilyn B. Gula Mountains of Hope Foundation for advanced breast cancer research
- Current Board Member Sequoia Benefits, LLC
- Past Advisory Board Member, EXL Service
- Current Advisory Board Member, FTV Capital
- Current Advisory Board Member, Attevo
- Past Advisory Board Member, NorthStar
- Past Co-Owner and Board Member, Localize Technologies
- Past Advisory Board Member, Zimbra, Inc.
- Past Board Member, Inktomi Corporation
- Past Board Member, MasterCard USA
- Past Board Member, KeyBank N.A.
- Past Board Member, Keybank USA
- Past Board of Trustees Member, Great Lakes Science Center
- Past Board Member, Electronic Payment Systems
Past Member, President’s Visiting Committee, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University
Summary of Responsibilities
As Chief Operations Officer, Gula is responsible for all bank operations and information technology for Synovus. His mission also includes reshaping and better defining the company’s customer service delivery model.