Thomas J. Prescott
Executive Vice President
Chief Financial Officer
Prescott joined Synovus in 1987 as Vice President of Finance. He was promoted to Senior Vice President of Finance and Accounting in 1991 and was named Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer in 1993. He was promoted to Executive Vice President and Treasurer in 1994 and to Chief Financial Officer in 1996.
B.B.A. in Accounting, Columbus College
- Member, Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Kiwanis Club of North Columbus
- Alumnus, Leadership Columbus
- Trustee, Huntingdon College
- Board Member, Georgia Council on Economic Education
Summary of Responsibilities:
Prescott directs the company’s financial operations, including accounting, financial planning and reporting, budgeting, treasury and tax. He is also responsible for Synovus’ overall financial plans and policies. Prescott plays a key role in representing the company with the investment community, auditors and investment bankers.