Synovus Coronavirus COVID-19 Response
On December 27, 2020, President Trump signed the latest COVID-19 relief package into law. The package provides for changes to the Paycheck Protection Program and another round of stimulus payments. The information on this site is subject to change as these agencies finalize guidance and rules for how legislation will be enacted.
As we monitor COVID-19, Synovus is here for you.
As events continue to unfold related to Coronavirus COVID-19, your ability to manage your finances safely and securely is our top priority.
We’re committed to keeping in touch with you during this time and will make continuing updates on this page. More information on COVID-19 is available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
An update on the latest relief package
On December 27, 2020, President Trump signed into law the $2.3 trillion 2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act. The 5,500-plus page bill funds regular Federal government operations for the rest of fiscal year 2021. It also includes more than $900 billion in additional coronavirus relief, which extends and modifies assistance measures created in March with enactment of the CARES Act. This latest relief package includes provisions for the following:
- A new round of $600 direct payments to most Americans. This amount may be increased pending further action from Congress. We’ll provide an update if the amount is changed. Learn more about payments.
- $300 a week in extra unemployment benefits through March.
- $284 billion for the Paycheck Protection Program, including an opportunity for smaller and harder-hit businesses to apply for a second PPP loan, known as “second draw loans."
- Expanded forgivable expenses for PPP borrowers.
- A simpler PPP loan forgiveness application for loans $150,000 and under.
- The repeal of a CARES Act provision that required PPP borrowers to deduct the amount of their EIDL advance from their PPP forgiveness amount.
Synovus will continue to participate in the PPP, and we remain committed to serving our customers during these challenging times. We are not yet accepting PPP applications. Learn more about PPP changes.
As a reminder, the Treasury Department and SBA will need to implement the legislation before some of the bill’s provisions are available.
We're here to help
The CARES Act, Paycheck Protection Program and latest relief package provide relief measures for individuals and business. But, Synovus may have other ways we can assist you. Contact your banker or our Customer Care team at 1-888-SYNOVUS (796-6887) to discuss your unique situation.
Hot Topics for Individuals
We’re open for you — with multiple servicing options to meet your needs and keep everyone safe.
Our drive-thrus, ATMs, and digital banking are ready to serve your banking needs. Here are a few things to know before you visit us:
- We’ll need to limit traffic in the branch to adhere to the CDC’s social distancing guidelines so plan ahead and make an appointment if you can.
- If you prefer drive-thru service, we’ve expanded drive-thru services to include check cashing (including non-customers), money orders, cash advances, and official checks.
- For your safety and theirs, all team members are required to wear masks, and we also encourage our customers to wear masks. Our team members are equipped and trained to follow CDC best practices, including social distancing.
- We also have an increased focus on cleaning ATMs and are supplementing routine maintenance with additional cleanings by branch and facilities team members.
Bank close to home with convenient banking options
- My Synovus digital banking – Bank beyond the branch with online and mobile banking. You can check balances, pay bills, and transfer funds online 24/7. In addition, the My Synovus app lets you deposit checks anywhere, anytime. And, with expanded My Synovus mobile deposit limits, it's even easier to make deposits from your mobile device. Enroll today online or download the app. If you need assistance enrolling, please call 1-888-SYNOVUS.
- ATMs – Synovus ATMs aren’t just for accessing cash. You can transfer funds, check balances, and make deposits. Find an ATM.
- Telephone banking – Use this automated service for account information 24/7 to avoid waiting on hold. Just call 1-888-SYNOVUS.
Watch these video tutorials to learn more about My Synovus.
Protect against identity theft and fraud
Fraudsters are taking advantage of uncertainty around COVID-19 among business owners and individuals. Please exercise even more caution opening emails and clicking on links, and do not provide personal information over the phone, by email, or through unfamiliar websites. Learn more about the latest threats.
Our team members matter
As much as we value you, we value our team members who take such great care of you. While they are on our frontlines and providing support in our back offices, they’re simultaneously dealing with impacts to their own lives. Yet, they are determined that as they care for their own life issues and health, they want to also care for you. To support them, we’re offering enhanced pay and leave benefits. We’re encouraging team members who can to work from home, and we’re practicing diligent cleaning procedures to protect team members and customers who work in or visit our sites.
Our communities matter
Here Matters, our community outreach program, expresses our commitment to community. Whether it’s combating the pandemic, feeding the hungry, or providing financial education, we celebrate our volunteer team members and the many organizations we support throughout our footprint serving those in need. Learn more about Here Matters on our website and be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on our community outreach efforts.