Synovus Coronavirus COVID-19 Response
As we monitor Coronavirus COVID-19, Synovus is here for you.
As events continue to unfold related to Coronavirus COVID-19, your ability to manage your finances safely and securely is our top priority.
We’re committed to keeping in touch with you during this time and will make continuing updates on this page. More information on COVID-19 is available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Here to support you
We’ve implemented several provisions, including payment relief assistance on certain loans, and our team is available to offer financial guidance during this difficult time.
My Synovus mobile deposit limits have been expanded, making it even easier to make deposits from your mobile device.
Credit card customers may request credit card line increases if needed, and our credit card team will stop negative reporting to the credit bureaus for up to three months.
For more details on these and other available options for both our consumer and business customers, contact your banker or our Customer Care team at 1-888-SYNOVUS (796-6887).
As the CDC continues to issue new guidance to prevent the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, we’ve continually weighed the health and safety of our customers and team members with our desire to serve you in our branches. To do our part and conform to “social distancing” guidance, we’re limiting person-to-person visits in our branch lobbies beginning March 20.
- Drive-thru banking and ATMs remain available.
- We’ve expanded drive-thru services to include check cashing (including non-customers), money orders, cash advances, and official checks.
- Local branch team members will be available on a limited basis by appointment to assist with safe deposit box access and other transactions requiring face-to-face interaction.
- A limited number of locations without drive-thru banking may remain open by appointment only or with reduced hours.
We’re continuing to take measures in our branches to ensure our team members are equipped and trained to follow CDC best practices. We also have an increased focus on cleaning ATMs and are supplementing routine maintenance with additional cleanings by branch and facilities team members.
Bank close to home with convenient banking options
- My Synovus digital banking – Bank beyond the branch with online and mobile banking. You can check balances, pay bills, and transfer funds online 24/7. In addition, the My Synovus app lets you make deposits anywhere, anytime. Enroll today online or download the app. If you need assistance enrolling, please call 1-888-SYNOVUS.
- ATMs – Synovus ATMs aren’t just for accessing cash. You can transfer funds, check balances, and make deposits. Find an ATM.
- Telephone banking – Use this automated service for account information 24/7 to avoid waiting on hold. Just call 1-888-SYNOVUS.
Watch these video tutorials to learn more about My Synovus.
Protecting yourself against identity theft and fraud
Fraudsters are taking advantage of uncertainty around COVID-19. Please exercise even more caution opening emails and clicking on links, and do not provide personal information over the phone, by email, or through unfamiliar websites. Here are some examples of scams to be on the lookout for:
- Phishing emails appearing to be from reputable sources like the CDC or World Health Organization that ask you to share personal information or contain links that could lead to malware being downloaded to your computer.
- Malicious websites offering maps or statistics related to COVID-19 that ask you to share personal information to register or download malware to your computer
- Social engineering scams asking you to send money or provide personal information over the phone or by email or text. Specifically, fraudsters are calling to schedule Coronavirus tests and collecting credit or debit card and other personal information for copays or other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Charity scams asking for donations to unknown but seemingly legitimate groups (for your security, give to established, well-known organizations).
Our team members matter
As much as we value you, we value our team members who take such great care of you. While they are on our frontlines and providing support in our back offices, they’re simultaneously dealing with impacts to their own lives. Yet, they are determined that as they care for their own life issues and health, they want to also care for you. To support them, we’re offering enhanced pay and leave benefits. We’re encouraging team members who can to work from home, and we’re practicing diligent cleaning procedures to protect team members and customers who work in or visit our sites.