Pat O’Brien has been with Synovus since 2019 when he moved from Atlanta to Nashville. He delivers consultative banking solutions to private and sponsor-backed commercial and industrial businesses in the corporate and middle market segments.
Pat began his career with the State of Georgia, where he led teams of banking regulators on various projects, collaborating with banks and executive leadership teams across the Southeast. At Synovus, he’s enjoyed the challenge of developing a detailed understanding of each client’s unique business model and operating environment. Pat uses this to develop custom-tailored banking solutions and acts as a strategic advisor on a variety of topics.
A graduate of the University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business, he holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics and graduated magna cum laude. An active participant in his Nashville community, he enjoys outdoor sports, international travel, and reading.
- B.B.A. Economics, University of Georgia
- Honors: Magna cum laude
Awards and Affiliations
- Board Member, Phoenix Club of Nashville
- Board Member, Tennessee Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Big Brother, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
- Board Intern, United Way of Greater Nashville
- Alumni, Young Leaders Council
- Rotary Club of Nashville
- Economic Club of Nashville