Meet our team
Meet our team
Chief Information Officer
Roth began her career in banking in 1977 at First National Bank in Columbus, Georgia. She held various customer-facing positions in the company and later transitioned to support divisions in Atlanta, after mergers with Georgia Railroad Banking Company and First Union. She joined the Federal Reserve Bank in 1988 where she held positions as Assistant Director of Human Resources and Director of Check Operations. In 1994, Roth returned to Columbus and began her career with Synovus as Product Manager overseeing ATM applications. Her role was later expanded to include responsibility for the Columbus Regional Processing Center and, in 1999, she became Director of Regional Processing for the company. Roth was promoted to Senior Vice President and Senior Director of Bank Operations in 2002. Named a Group Executive in 2008, her responsibilities were expanded to include Loan Operations. Roth was named Chief Information Officer in 2012.
- B.A., Business, Columbus State University
- Graduate, School of Bank Administration, University of Wisconsin
- Synovus Leadership Institute
- Member, Executive Board of Directors, SafeHouse Ministries
- Board Member, United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley Women's Leadership Council
- Member, Women In Technology (WIT)
- Former Communications Board Member, Diverse Power, Inc.
- Former Board Member, Identity Theft Assistance Center
- Former Member, Atlanta Junior Bankers Roundtable
- Former Board Member, Crisis Center of Russell County
Summary of Responsibilities
As the Chief Information Officer, Roth is responsible for leading and directing all information technology efforts for Synovus, including all banking and corporate systems, architecture, applications, database, network, infrastructure, and data center. She is also responsible for setting the tactical as well as strategic direction for Synovus’ technology solutions that support long term business objectives by improving efficiencies, creating scale, and enhancing revenues and profitability.