Chief of Staff
Saddler joined Synovus in 2020 as Chief of Staff to the Chairman and CEO and is a member of the Executive Management Committee. He previously completed a White House Fellowship, where he served in the Office of American Innovation focusing on workforce development and artificial intelligence. He is also a Navy SEAL officer serving in the U.S. Navy Reserve. Saddler’s final active-duty Navy assignment was Director of Intelligence Programs, which included the development, approval, and oversight of U.S. intelligence policy and special operations for the National Security Council at the White House. During his eight-year active duty career, he served in numerous leadership roles and was deployed to various locations in the Middle East. Prior to joining the Navy, Saddler began his career with IBM Corporation selling hardware, software, and services to the financial sector in New York City.
- B.B.A., Economics, University of Georgia
- M.S., International Affairs, Georgia Tech
- M.P.S., Persian Studies, University of Maryland
- Term Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- White House Fellows Foundation and Association
- “Outstanding Young Alumni Award” by University of Georgia Terry College of Business, 2019
- Blue Key Young Alumnus Award, University of Georgia Chapter of the Blue Key National Honor Society, 2019
- Defense Superior Service Medal
Summary of Responsibilities
As Chief of Staff, Saddler partners with executive management, individuals, and teams across Synovus to provide leadership, guidance, and support when the bank executes on strategic initiatives and evaluates opportunities. He brings experience and strength in organizational effectiveness, strategic planning and execution, and complex issue resolution.