Meet our team
Meet our team
R. Dallis Copeland, Jr.
Chief Community Banking Officer
Copeland currently serves as Executive Vice President and Chief Community Banking Officer. He also led various departments in Retail and Commercial Banking at Columbus Bank and Trust Company, where he began his career in 1992. While at Columbus Bank and Trust, he was responsible for managing all internal loan participations, and building correspondent banking relationships for Synovus throughout the Southeast. He previously served as President and CEO of Citizens First Bank in Rome, Georgia, a division of Synovus. During his two years as the leader of Citizens First Bank in Rome, the bank moved into the #1 position in market share. His previous leadership roles include overseeing the company’s charter consolidation process – moving Synovus from 30 separate bank charters to one – and leading the development and implementation of the company’s enhanced commercial strategy. Copeland also led the formation of a highly specialized team of experts to aggressively manage asset disposition efforts, and the creation of a new corporate banking strategy that included the implementation of new lines of business including Senior Housing, Commercial and Corporate Banking, and Retail and Marketing. He also provided guidance on the Process Redesign Project and efficiency initiatives designed to streamline critical support functions throughout the company.
- B.S., Management, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Synovus Leadership Institute
- Georgia Banking Association Leadership Program
- Leadership Rome, Greater Rome Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Executive Committee, University System of Georgia Foundation
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Greater Columbus Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Georgia Bankers Association
- Past President, Georgia Bankers Association (Leadership Division)
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Business Georgia
- Past Member, Board of Trustees, Columbus Regional Medical Foundation
- Past Vice Chairman, Total Resource Fundraising Campaign, Greater Columbus Chamber of Commerce
- Synovus’ James H. Blanchard Leadership Award, 2007
Summary of Responsibilities
Copeland leads Synovus’ banking operations for 28 bank divisions across the company’s five-state footprint. He has oversight of the company’s banking group that delivers commercial and private wealth lines of business including treasury management, loans, and credit cards. Copeland also serves on the Synovus Credit Committee. He focuses his banking team on building long-term, multi-product/service relationships that meet the needs of customers and result in growth in core deposits and high-quality credits. Copeland is responsible for holding bank division leaders accountable for reaching key sales and service goals driven by exceptional customer service delivery.