Meet our team
J. Bart Singleton
Executive Vice President, President
Financial Management Services
Singleton joined Synovus in August 2005 after a 16-year career with the SouthTrust Corporation. He initially served as Manager of the Synovus Capital Markets Group before being promoted to CEO and President of Synovus Securities in January 2006. In December 2007, Singleton was promoted to Executive Vice President, Synovus Financial Management Services Division.
- Bachelor of Science, Commerce and Business Administration, Industrial Management and Management Sciences, University of Alabama
- Master of Arts, Commerce and Business Administration, Human Resource Management, University of Alabama
- Series 7 – General Registered Representative
- Series 63 – State of Alabama Registration
- Series 24 – Securities Principal and Supervisory
- Series 27 – Financial and Operations Principal
- Series 52 – Municipal Securities Principal
- Series 65 – Financial Advisory Principal
Summary of Responsibilities
Singleton oversees the functions and administration of the Financial Management Services (FMS) and Synovus Mortgage divisions, providing trust, investment/financial management, securities, mortgage, and other services. He also directs Synovus’ financial investment companies, Creative Financial and GLOBALT Investment Group.