Accelerated Banker Program
Immerse yourself in our 12-month fast-track program to become a Corporate, Community, or Retail Banker. Earn a competitive salary while participating in comprehensive development opportunities that combine structured training and on-the-job experience. You’ll build lasting relationships, gain exposure to executive leaders and graduate positioned for a rewarding career in banking with Synovus. Find your fit within the tracks listed below.
Our Retail Banking team helps individuals and small businesses achieve their dreams by offering solutions to grow and expand their businesses and plan for their future. You’ll develop your customer service, credit acumen, and business development skills while preparing for a career as a Retail or Business Banker.
Our Community Banking team helps mid-sized companies achieve their goals while developing deep relationships in the community. By supporting our Community Banking team, you’ll develop your credit acumen, and financial analysis and relationship building skills while preparing for a career as a Community Banker.
Our Corporate Banking team works with clients to manage capital or gear up for growth. You’ll develop your credit expertise, quantitative analysis skills and apply those skills by working closely with the Corporate team while preparing for a career as a Corporate Associate, Portfolio Manager or Corporate Banker.
- 12-weeks up-front development includes classroom, self-study, and rotations designed to accelerate your learning
- Structured training on credit analysis, underwriting, sales and communication
- Access to executive leaders, a peer group and networking opportunities that will grow with you as you progress in your career
- Direct placement to a work environment where you can immediately provide value
- Make a difference in the community through service projects
- Graduating senior
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Earning a degree in business, finance, or accounting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong work ethic
- Willingness to travel during training period
- Community Banking Accelerated Banker
- Corporate Banking Accelerated Banker
- Retail Banking Accelerated Banker
Make the most of your summer as an intern at Synovus. With our 10-week program, you’ll be hands-on and gain invaluable skills that transcend what is learned in the classroom. Our interns don’t just fetch coffee or do busy work – they participate in, and even lead business projects – becoming an integral part of the team.
Gain valuable experience in areas such as:
- Retail, Community, and Corporate Banking
- Information Technology/Information Security
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Earn a competitive salary while getting real-world experience
- Serve the community through outreach opportunities
- Network with Synovus executives, business leaders and your fellow interns
- Participate in periodic learning sessions intended to increase your knowledge of Synovus
- Receive project assignments and engage in value-added work
- Demonstrate what you’ve learned in a final Capstone presentation
- Open to upcoming juniors or seniors
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrated leadership and work ethic
When you launch your career with Synovus, you’ll find a network of supportive team members. You’ll find a place to bring your unique talents and skills to the team whether you’re interested in banking, IT or customer-facing roles in our bank branches or back-office opportunities at our corporate headquarters.
Find your fit:
- Information Technology/Security
- Human Resources
- Other roles