- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Synovus Presents Annual Chairman’s Awards|
Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, recently announced the presentation of its annual Chairman’s Awards. The Chairman’s Awards – the James H. Blanchard Leadership Award, the James D. Yancey Customer Covenant Award, and the William B. Turner Humanitarian Award – represent the company’s culture and illustrate the emphasis it places on leadership, customer satisfaction, and serving others. Chairman’s Award recipients are chosen from nominations submitted by team members across Synovus’ Southeastern footprint.
“The individuals selected to receive Synovus’ Chairman’s Awards are recognized for outstanding leadership as well as the dedicated service they provide to fellow team members, our customers, and our communities each and every day,” said Kessel Stelling, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Synovus. “The strength of this company is rooted in the talent and commitment of our team members who go above and beyond to meet the needs of the many individuals, businesses, organizations, and communities that have helped us become a strong banking presence in our Southeastern markets. To stand out among their peers by receiving these awards is truly an accomplishment for which this year’s honorees should be proud.”
Awards this year include:
The James H. Blanchard Leadership Award recognizes individuals who demonstrate the best use of leadership and interpersonal skills such as teamwork, communication, and coaching in various corporate, departmental, and community roles. This award is named after retired Chairman and CEO James H. Blanchard, who set a high standard for leadership throughout his 36-year tenure at Synovus.
The James D. Yancey Customer Covenant Award is named in honor of the former Synovus Chairman who always put the needs of the customer first. Yancey was instrumental in the creation of the Customer Covenant, the company’s pledge to deliver excellent customer service.
The William B. Turner Humanitarian Award is named in honor of the former Chairman of Synovus’ Executive Committee for his deep commitment to serving individuals and the community. Turner has inspired others through his deep moral and spiritual convictions to make a difference in the lives of team members and their families.