- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Two Synovus Leaders Included in Georgia Trend’s 2015 “40 Under 40”
- Synovus Bank Joins Statewide Celebration of Early Learning
- Synovus to Announce Third Quarter 2015 Results on October 20, 2015
- Synovus Chief Strategy Officer Liz Dukes named one of American Banker’s 25 Women to Watch for 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
|Sippel Named President and CEO of First Commercial Bank of Huntsville|
August 14, 2014, HUNTSVILLE, AL – Synovus Bank, a Georgia-chartered, FDIC insured bank, today announced Beth Sippel has been named President and CEO of First Commercial Bank in Huntsville, a division of Synovus Bank. She succeeds Charlie Kettle, who will retire August 31, 2014, but will continue to serve as Chairman of the First Commercial Bank Local Advisory Board.
“Beth is an experienced banker, and she is ready to lead the talented First Commercial team forward as they serve our loyal customers in the Huntsville market,” said D Copeland, Chief Banking Officer. “We are grateful for Charlie’s 20 years of service to First Commercial and his contributions to the economic and community development of this region, including his extensive work with the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce and United Way of Madison County. We will continue to benefit from his experience and expertise as he leads our local advisory board.”
Sippel has more than 22 years in banking, including the past 10 years with First Commercial Bank, most recently leading the commercial banking efforts in Madison as Executive Vice President. She also previously led the bank’s retail and small business efforts. She serves on the Board of Directors of the United Way of Madison County, is a past board chair, and led the fundraising campaign. She is a member of the Huntsville Botanical Garden Advisory Board, the Committee of 100, the Women’s Economic Development Council, and is a graduate of Leadership Huntsville/Madison County. In recognition of her long history of community service, Sippel was awarded Synovus’ William B. Turner Humanitarian Award in 2012.
This year, First Commercial Bank of Huntsville will be celebrating 30 years of providing exceptional customer service, banking products, and services to customers and investing in the success of businesses and communities in Madison County.
First Commercial Bank of Huntsville is a division of Synovus Bank, and operates five branches in Madison County, Alabama, and as it has for 30 years, remains dedicated to the local community. This division offers diverse lines of business and personal financial services including Business Banking, Investment Services, and Mortgage Lending. For more information, visit www.fcb-hsv.com.