- News Releases
- Synovus to Announce Second Quarter 2015 Results on July 21, 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- The Bank of Nashville Opens in Gulch Crossing
- Kamensky Named to Operation HOPE Southeastern Board of Directors
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
|Synovus Named Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award Recipient by the Financial Services Roundtable|
July 21, 2014, COLUMBUS, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, will receive a 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award from the Financial Services Roundtable (FSR), an advocacy organization for the financial services industry. The award will be presented tomorrow by Tim Pawlenty, President and CEO of the Financial Services Roundtable and the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee, during a ceremony on Capitol Hill in Washington.
“We are honored to be among such prestigious companies being recognized for enhancing financial education, investing in community development, and protecting the environment,” said Kessel Stelling, Synovus Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “I am proud to be part of a company and team that has a long history of service to others. Our team is passionate about building strong communities and we believe giving back is our highest calling.”
Corporate Social Responsibility Awards promote the positive impact FSR member companies make in their local communities, nationwide, and worldwide by investing in social business opportunities and supporting the work of non-profit and other organizations. The overall criteria for judging include: employee volunteer involvement, community services projects, involvement in financial literacy initiatives, monies raised/donated to community services, and executive-level involvement in non-profit organizations and service on boards.
Synovus Financial Corp. is a financial services company based in Columbus, Georgia with approximately $27 billion in assets. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers through 28 locally-branded divisions, 271 branches, and 355 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. See Synovus on the web at synovus.com.