- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Two Synovus Leaders Included in Georgia Trend’s 2015 “40 Under 40”
- Synovus Bank Joins Statewide Celebration of Early Learning
- Synovus to Announce Third Quarter 2015 Results on October 20, 2015
- Synovus Chief Strategy Officer Liz Dukes named one of American Banker’s 25 Women to Watch for 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
|Synovus Presents Annual Awards|
February 5, 2014, COLUMBUS, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, recently announced the presentation of its annual Chairman’s Awards. The Chairman’s Awards – the James H. Blanchard Leadership Award, the James D. Yancey Customer Covenant Award, and the William B. Turner Humanitarian Award – represent the company’s culture and illustrate the emphasis it places on leadership, customer satisfaction, and serving others. Synovus also introduced a new Chairman’s Award called the Synovus Game Changer Award to recognize team members who encompass the spirit of innovation. Chairman’s Award recipients are chosen from nominations submitted by team members across Synovus’ Southeastern footprint.
“This year’s award winners represent the best in our company when it comes to leadership, delivering unparalleled customer service, community involvement, and innovation,” said Kessel Stelling, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Synovus. “We are fortunate to have such strong leadership in our organization, and I am grateful to each of these individuals for their dedication to our company, customers, and communities.
Awards this year include:
The James H. Blanchard Leadership Award recognizes individuals who demonstrate the best use of leadership and interpersonal skills such as teamwork, communication, and coaching in various corporate, departmental, and community roles. This award is named after retired Chairman and CEO James H. Blanchard, who set a high standard for leadership throughout his 36-year tenure at Synovus.
The James D. Yancey Customer Covenant Award is named in honor of the former Synovus Chairman who always put the needs of the customer first. Yancey was instrumental in the creation of the Customer Covenant, the company’s pledge to deliver excellent customer service. Synovus presented awards for internal and external customer service.
The inaugural Synovus Game Changer Award recognizes high-performing team members for forward thinking, innovative ideas.
Synovus is a financial services company based in Columbus, Georgia with approximately $26 billion in assets. Synovus’ divisions provide commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers through 28 locally branded divisions, 261 offices, and 363 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. See Synovus on twitter @synovusbank, and LinkedIn. Equal Housing Lender .