- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Two Synovus Leaders Included in Georgia Trend’s 2015 “40 Under 40”
- Synovus Bank Joins Statewide Celebration of Early Learning
- Synovus to Announce Third Quarter 2015 Results on October 20, 2015
- Synovus Chief Strategy Officer Liz Dukes named one of American Banker’s 25 Women to Watch for 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
|Welcome Sunrise Bank Customers
As you may know, on May 10, 2013, Sunrise Bank was closed, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) transferred Sunrise Bank’s accounts to Synovus Bank, headquartered in Columbus, GA. Synovus Bank operates as twenty-nine banking divisions across the Southeast. Sunrise Bank branches will be operated by local divisions of Synovus Bank: Bank of North Georgia (Atlanta), First State Bank and Trust (Valdosta), and CB&T Bank of Middle Georgia (Jeffersonville).
We know you have questions about what’s going to happen to your account, funds and other deposits, and we want you to know your deposits are safe and remain readily available to you. Your accounts with Synovus Bank are insured to the maximum coverage provided by the FDIC.
Here’s what you need to know:
If you have any questions about this information, please call your branch, which is now being operated by a local division of Synovus Bank:
Over the next few weeks, we will be working diligently to transition your account. We do not expect this transition to cause you an inconvenience, and we appreciate your continued business.
We understand you may have many questions about the assumption of former Sunrise Bank customer deposits. Please click on the links below for more information or visit the FDIC’s website.
Once again, please continue banking as usual. You will be notified prior to any changes to your accounts. We expect to begin moving accounts later this year to our banking system, at which time our full suite of banking products and services will be available to you.
Each and every one of our team members is eager to get to know you and serve all of your banking needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will my branch remain open and operate with the same hours?