- News Releases
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Youd named President and CEO of Coastal Bank and Trust of Florida
|Thomas Bo Carter announces retirement|
January 28, 2010 - The Board of Directors of Coastal Bank and Trust of Florida, a Synovus affiliate bank recently announced the selection of Joseph R. "Robby" Youd as President and Chief Executive Officer of the bank. The Board also announced the retirement of Thomas "Bo" Carter as Synovus Regional CEO and CEO of Coastal Bank and Trust, effective February 12, 2010.
"We are confident that under Robby’s leadership, this strong team will continue to seamlessly serve customers, increase our presence in the market and support the local community," said Richard Anthony, Chairman and CEO of Synovus. "Bo has been an exceptional leader. With his guidance, the Coastal Bank and Trust team has performed very well and navigated through economic challenges while maintaining a strong focus on delivering exceptional customer service."
Youd, a 36-year banking veteran, started his career with Synovus as Vice President of Bank of Pensacola in 1973. He previously served in various bank management and operations leadership positions, and became COO of Coastal Bank and Trust in 2001. Youd’s community involvement includes serving as a Board Member of Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida, Advisory Council member for the University of West Florida College of Business and United Way Funds Distribution Committee. He is graduate of Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance.
Luther Taylor will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the bank.