- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Synovus and Britt David Magnet Academy
Launch Peanut Butter and Jelly Drive
|Initiative to benefit Feeding the Valley Food Bank|
Synovus team members and the students, parents and staff of Britt David Magnet Academy will be collecting jars of peanut butter and jelly at the school and several Synovus locations until October 15. At the end of the program, the jars will be donated to Feeding the Valley Food Bank, based in Columbus.
“With the help of our educational partner, this REACH project offers our team members an opportunity to serve the community by helping replenish the food supply available to those in need in the Chattahoochee Valley area,” said Kessel Stelling, Acting CEO, President and COO of Synovus. “I continue to be amazed at the number of ways our team members reach out to others in need and contribute to improving the quality of life for the people in the communities where we live and work.”
“We are excited that Synovus and Britt David chose to work with us on this project,” said Babs Douglas, Director of Feeding the Valley Food Bank. “Peanut butter and jelly are among our most requested items, and we appreciate the assistance in helping to fill a child’s lunchbox with healthy food.”
Feeding the Valley Food Bank of Columbus was established in 1983 with the simple mission of feeding those in need in the Chattahoochee Valley. The food bank serves 150 non-profit agencies and schools in 13 counties in Georgia and Alabama. The organization has distributed more than 14 million pounds of food this year. For more information on the food bank, contact Babs Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synovus Financial Corp. is a financial services company with more than $32 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus Financial Corp. provides commercial and retail banking, investment and mortgage services to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. See Synovus Financial Corp. on the web at www.synovus.com.