- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Early Results for Tender Offer and Increase in Maximum Tender Amount
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Synovus Announces Offer to Purchase up to $100 Million Aggregate Principal
- Synovus to Announce Fourth Quarter 2015 Results on January 19, 2016
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus' Common Stock
- Synovus Announces Pricing of $250 Million Subordinated Notes Offering
- Synovus Announces Subordinated Notes Offering
- Synovus Appoints Santosh Kokate as Chief Technology Officer and Amyn Tajani as Chief Digital Officer
- Synovus Family Asset Management Named One of Bloomberg Markets Magazine’s
- Synovus to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Banking and Financial Services Conference
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
|Synovus Announces Management Changes
|Curtis Perry appointed Chief Commercial Officer of Synovus Financial Corp. Bill Nigh named Synovus Bank Regional CEO and CEO of The Bank of Nashville|
|June 29, 2010, Columbus, GA – Synovus Financial Corp. (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, today announced the following management changes.
Curtis J. Perry was selected as Chief Commercial Officer of Synovus Financial Corp. Perry’s new responsibilities include leadership of the company’s commercial banking strategy, which focuses on meeting the needs of small and medium-sized business customers.
“We are pleased to have an individual with Curtis’ banking and leadership experience join our executive team to guide our business banking strategy and help position our company for future growth,” said Kessel D. Stelling, Acting CEO, President and COO of Synovus. “Synovus is continuing to focus on meeting the needs of our middle market business customers with our relationship-driven, responsive local banking approach. Curtis will lead our bankers in maximizing our offerings to this valuable customer base.”
Perry, a 26-year banking veteran, began his career with Synovus as Senior Executive Vice President at Synovus’ First Commercial Bank in Birmingham in 2007. His background includes experience in loan production, credit management and private and institutional real estate trust fund lending. He is a 1985 graduate of Jacksonville State University where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in Finance and Economics, and attended the Graduate Business School at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
In another move, William R. “Bill” Nigh has been named Regional CEO of Synovus Bank and President and CEO of The Bank of Nashville, a division of Synovus Bank. As a Regional CEO, Nigh will oversee the banking divisions in the
“Bill has done an outstanding job strengthening the Memphis team over the past two years and is the right choice to lead the Nashville market and the entire Tennessee region,” said Stelling. “We are also grateful for Hunter’s service to The Bank of Nashville for the past decade, and his willingness to continue in his role as Chairman of the local board to ensure a smooth transition.”
In 1992, Nigh joined Synovus as a Vice President and Commercial Banking Manager with Columbus Bank and Trust Company in
Synovus is expected to complete the charter consolidation from 30 separate charters to one state charter with the consolidation of The Bank of Nashville and Trust One Bank in Memphis this week.
Synovus Financial Corp. is a financial services company with more than $32 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus Financial Corp. provides commercial and retail banking, investment and mortgage services to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. See Synovus Financial Corp. on the web at www.synovus.com.