- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividend for Series C Preferred Stock
- Two Synovus Leaders Included in Georgia Trend’s 2015 “40 Under 40”
- Synovus Bank Joins Statewide Celebration of Early Learning
- Synovus to Announce Third Quarter 2015 Results on October 20, 2015
- Synovus Chief Strategy Officer Liz Dukes named one of American Banker’s 25 Women to Watch for 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
|Cowart Named President of First State Bank and Trust
June 17, 2010, Valdosta, GA – First State Bank and Trust, a division of Synovus Bank, today announced the appointment of William S. “Bill” Cowart to the position of President.
Cowart joined First State Bank in 2003 as a Senior Commercial Banker. He is a graduate of the University of Georgia Graduate School of Banking and the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
Cowart is currently Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Hospital Authority of Valdosta and Lowndes County, Board Member for Valdosta State University Foundation and an active member of Park Avenue United Methodist Church.
First State Bank and Trust recently exceeded $600 million in assets for the first time in its history, and continues to post strong earnings and solid asset quality. With more than 23% in deposit market share, First State is the largest bank in Valdosta and Lowndes County.
About First State Bank and Trust