- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Cowart Named President of First State Bank and Trust
June 17, 2010, Valdosta, GA – First State Bank and Trust, a division of Synovus Bank, today announced the appointment of William S. “Bill” Cowart to the position of President.
Cowart joined First State Bank in 2003 as a Senior Commercial Banker. He is a graduate of the University of Georgia Graduate School of Banking and the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
Cowart is currently Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Hospital Authority of Valdosta and Lowndes County, Board Member for Valdosta State University Foundation and an active member of Park Avenue United Methodist Church.
First State Bank and Trust recently exceeded $600 million in assets for the first time in its history, and continues to post strong earnings and solid asset quality. With more than 23% in deposit market share, First State is the largest bank in Valdosta and Lowndes County.
About First State Bank and Trust