- News Releases
- Synovus Appoints Santosh Kokate as Chief Technology Officer and Amyn Tajani as Chief Digital Officer
- Synovus Family Asset Management Named One of Bloomberg Markets Magazine’s
- Synovus to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Banking and Financial Services Conference
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2015
- Synovus Announces 2015 Jack Parker Scholarships
- Synovus Announces Earnings for 2Q 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
|Cowart Named President of First State Bank and Trust
June 17, 2010, Valdosta, GA – First State Bank and Trust, a division of Synovus Bank, today announced the appointment of William S. “Bill” Cowart to the position of President.
Cowart joined First State Bank in 2003 as a Senior Commercial Banker. He is a graduate of the University of Georgia Graduate School of Banking and the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
Cowart is currently Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Hospital Authority of Valdosta and Lowndes County, Board Member for Valdosta State University Foundation and an active member of Park Avenue United Methodist Church.
First State Bank and Trust recently exceeded $600 million in assets for the first time in its history, and continues to post strong earnings and solid asset quality. With more than 23% in deposit market share, First State is the largest bank in Valdosta and Lowndes County.
About First State Bank and Trust