- News Releases
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus' Series C Preferred Stock
- Synovus to Announce Second Quarter 2015 Results on July 21, 2015
- American Banker/Reputation Institute Names Synovus One of America's Most Reputable Banks
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- The Bank of Nashville Opens in Gulch Crossing
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
|Woolbright Named to “Innovators 2007” by Bank Technology News
|November 12, 2007, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, recently announced that John Woolbright, Chief Technology Officer, was named to the Bank Technology News list of “Innovators 2007.” Woolbright appears at number 10 on the magazine’s list of the top 25 financial services technology leaders.
Woolbright was recognized for Synovus’ implementation of Services Oriented Architecture (SOA), which focuses on adapting technology to support business processes. The use of SOA by Synovus has increased the speed of delivering new technology to the front line and to customers in a more cost effective manner than before.
“Under John’s leadership, our team focuses on collaborating with our business partners to develop shared goals and processes that improve the technology experience for our internal and external customers,” said Jeff Kennedy, Senior Director of Technology for Synovus. “John has great technology vision. He shares his vision and knowledge to help grow his team’s effectiveness in the adoption of new technology. We are very proud of John and pleased to see him earn this recognition.”
The annual ranking spotlights 25 individuals and companies who execute well-conceived technology strategies to differentiate their financial institutions from its competitors in the minds of customers and investors. The profiles of the top 25 innovators are also available on the magazine’s website at www.banktechnologynews.com.
Synovus (NYSE: “