- News Releases
- Synovus Receives 19 Greenwich Excellence Awards
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Common Stock
- Gowen Named Chief Information Security Officer
- Synovus Presents Chairman's Awards
- Synovus Presents Circle of Excellence Sales Awards
- Synovus Announces Earnings for the Fourth Quarter
- Synovus Ranked Among Nation’s Top Financial Institutions For Small Business Loans
- Synovus Announces Earnings for Third Quarter 2014
- Synovus Reports Earnings for the Second Quarter of 2014
- Synovus Financial Corp. Announces One-for-Seven Reverse Stock Split
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Stock Dividend for Synovus’ Series C Preferred Stock
|Synovus Executives Honored by USBanker Magazine
October 3, 2007, Columbus, GA – Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based diversified financial services company, today announced that Lee Lee James, Vice Chairman and Chief People Officer, and Leila Carr, Chief Retail Officer, both appear in the October issue of USBanker magazine as part of the publication’s annual recognition of “The 25 Most Powerful Women in Banking.”
James, a “2004 Most Powerful Women in Banking” honoree, was invited to appear on the cover of the October issue. James is pictured with other past honorees to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the list and to recognize her for years of outstanding performance as one of the financial services industry’s most influential women executives.
Carr is ranked #11 on this year’s list by the magazine’s editorial staff for her successful leadership of the Synovus retail strategy, resulting in enhanced customer satisfaction and growth in fee income and services per household. Carr was also recognized for her performance and influence as a leader that creates positive changes in her organization, the industry and the community in which she lives and works. In 2006, USBanker named Carr one of “25 Women to Watch,” part of its annual ranking to honor the progressive thinking and professional achievements of this group of leaders.
This year, over 5,000 women were considered by the magazine’s staff for inclusion on the list. The selection criteria included performance numbers posted in their respective roles and how they serve as mentors to others in the business environment. The full list of honorees selected for this recognition is available on the magazine’s website at www.25mpwib.com.
Synovus (NYSE: “SNV”) is a diversified financial services holding company with more than $33 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides integrated financial services including banking, financial management, insurance, mortgage and leasing services through 37 banks and other Synovus offices in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee; and electronic payment processing through an 81-percent stake in TSYS (NYSE: “TSS”), one of the world’s largest companies for outsourced payment services. Synovus has been named one of “The 100 Best Companies to Work For” in